ChrisV's Walrus - Reveal Thread

I move in mysterious ways.

Fuck, I havenā€™t played Lodden thinks in so long. I love that game. I need to play at my next poker game.

1 Like

Oh at this stage I donā€™t think there will be a reveal tomorrow and maybe not the day after either. Other commitments all Saturday.

Tbh I have no idea whether thatā€™s a well known song or not. I suspect itā€™s very binaryā€“either you know it from FNL or youā€™ve never heard it at all, so I bet you arenā€™t alone. Glad you liked itā€“it still moves me.

Canā€™t remember what I put for the next songā€“letā€™s see if it scores last :smiley:

Not had chance to listen to then all yet, but I know I like all of the podium. Love Dick Gaughan, he does a great version of the song I had for category 1 where my choice of performer came last, so if Iā€™m ever in a Sam Beckett situation Iā€™ll know what to do.

Well that is strange.

Picking one of the first punk songs was sure to see me near the bottom of the list, or so I thought. Be adventurous, kids.

Some of yā€™all have submitted some weird shit for this next one

1 Like

This is good advice. The alternative is to pick good, well known songs every category and come 5th every time and win that way. But that is very boring.

Louis Cyphre submits a song from an Icelandic band.

<<<< has definitely submitted some risky weird shit for this next one.

:+1:

https://www.facebook.com/TheCelts.Royalty/videos/405449936679038/

Iā€™d like to change whichever of my upcoming answers scores the lowest to this. Iā€™ll make up a backstory depending on the category.

1 Like

Like I said - our tastes are very different. I veer towards cheesy pop but I like lots of other stuff. I have one requirement for music - that it moves my butt around in my chair.

To me itā€™s very linear. Amount of butt moving (or verve-stimulating, or gets your gills flapping, or whatever you want to call it) is the only measure. I donā€™t care about lyrics unless theyā€™re so clear and bad I canā€™t avoid them. I care about melodies. You could be a terrible rapper - but if your beat/sample hits me in the taint - Iā€™m all in.

Clearly Iā€™m kinda drunk - but you get the idea.

In short:

Im having Walrus withdrawls

3 Likes

Reveal 7pm Eastern today.

Iā€™ll be reading it on the train to work after two weeks off. Has all the ingredients of a Blue Monday.

1 Like

Two hours til my next hiiiiiit.

Stick it in my veins!

This was my third most mainstream pick (behind Lennon and TFF) so Iā€™m not expecting much. I had a ton of trouble with this category. Canā€™t wait for the reveal though.

Judging by the previous reveals I am only confident in one of my remaining four picks.

13 minutes!!