Chinese government response to Coronavirus

I never believed November. That was other people saying Trump had been briefed in November, which I said sounded wildly implausible. But clearly this was spreading in Wuhan in early December. And yes, twenty days does seem like more than enough time to figure out that it was spreading human to human.

Must be an absence of covid news if everyone’s arguing about keeed.

5 Likes

Catagorically establish Human to Human transmission, Keeed.

It took USA#1 30 days to make a test that actually worked. Months before that your Chinese friends had already cracked the fucking genome, lol

Well hey at least Trump hasn’t murdered any whistleblowers yet

Just the paedaphile, right. Epstein - lol

I think there’s about the same amount of concrete evidennce out there at present…but you don’t seem to mind lack of real evidence

China’s response to COVID prior to 1,000 confirmed cases in the country and Trump’s response to COVID prior to 1,000 confirmed cases in the US were both equally terribad, for some reasons that were different, and for some that were the same. China’s response to COVID after 1,000 confirmed cases (or thereabouts) was significantly better than Trump’s response to COVID after 1,000 confirmed cases.

Trump also lied and covered up the epidemic.

whataboutism!

Keed is a weird duck. 60% of his takes are straight from the Trump/Fox propaganda machine.

It does not appear to be.

Are we not comparing China’s response to Trump’s here?

Because you and the derposphere are more interested in talking about China and holding them responsible than you are what is relevant and impactful right now.

The time to discuss China is when it is all over. We know the derposphere does this to try and deflect blame from trump. So when you do the exact same thing what are we to think?

2 Likes

iron81 was wrong to say that Trump had been briefed in November.

As I understand it, the news stories being cited say that the intelligence community started to notice unusual things happening in November and started issuing reports then and these reports worked their way up the ladder, undergoing a lot of analysis, before the issue was noted in the president’s daily intelligence briefing sometime in early January. It’s not known when in early January, but Trump’s first public comments about the coronavirus, dismissive in tone, came on January 22 and a travel ban on China was announced on January 31.

On 8 January, Li contracted the coronavirus when he came into contact with an infected patient at his hospital.[23] The patient suffered from acute angle-closure glaucoma and developed a fever the next day. Li then began to suspect that the patient might have a coronavirus infection.[19] Li developed a fever and cough on 10 January, which soon became severe.[23] Doctor Yu Chengbo, a Zhejiang medical expert sent to Wuhan, told media that although most young patients do not tend to develop severe conditions, the glaucoma patient whom Li saw on 8 January was a storekeeper at Huanan Seafood Market with a high viral load, which could have exacerbated Li’s infection.[24]

https://twitter.com/WHO/status/1217043229427761152?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1217043229427761152&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.foxnews.com%2Fworld%2Fworld-health-organization-january-tweet-china-human-transmission-coronavirus

gjge

Jesus Christ guys this argument sucks. China and Trump are both to blame. Arguing about how much each of them are or who is more to blame is pointless. Let’s move on.

2 Likes

Can people stop responding to Keeed?

Sincerely,
Everyone

10 Likes

But Keeed, retrospect is great. The above quote wasn’t written on 8th January. At that stage, he could have still contracted from drinking fawcet water for all the Chinese knew.

After we know about human to human infection (20 Jan 2020) and how long the virus incumbates, it’s possible to estimate the date he caught it and be categoically sure it was human to human transmission - because we have evidence that otjher people on other side of China hadn’t been to fucking Hubei.

You seem to get fooled by the obvious. A wikipedia entry 2 months after a confirmed death isn’t a headline chief. It’s called a noveau corona virus for a reason.

I slap Keeed on ignore so we can all go about our day :slight_smile:

Your day seems to be shamefully shilling for the Chinese government for whatever reason.

Didn’t expect Keed to be a “China bad” guy.

1 Like

I’m fine talking about Trump’s many failures on the Coronavirus pandemic. The US government’s failure to have adequate testing was a massive screw up, clearly. And that’s obviously Trump’s responsibility. So I’m not trying to deflect blame to China.

But of course China deserves plenty of criticism for its early handling of the epidemic and as someone once said, we can do two things at once.