Cannabis: Now Cheap and Legal Everywhere*

Damn, that sounds rough. At least you have Mary Jane to help cheer you up!

3 Likes

Have you tried an antihistamine for the itch?

2 Likes

No, going to try that now though seeing as I barely slept. The itch is unlike any Iā€™ve felt before. Itā€™s like inside me almost.

If you can get hold of a first generation antihistamine, you might realistically be able to get promethazine (Phenergan) or chlorpheniramine, it will take care of both the itching problem and the sleeping problem. Chlorpheniramine is what they put in night-time cold and flu tablets, partly to combat irritation but mostly as a sleeping aid. I wouldnā€™t take them during the day but at night theyā€™d be great for you.

2 Likes

Planning an August trip, first time in a long time ā€¦ I have a week off, and would like to make sure wherever I go has rec cannabis. Iā€™ve never spent much time in a legal market, so that alone will be kind of new and cool.

That said, where to go? Generally, I point my vacations south. But I went to Puerto Rico in August once and that was insanely too hot. ā€¦ So I was thinking about Maine. Iā€™m in upstate NY so itā€™s driveable. Camping is an option, as is nice hotels or Air BnBs.

Anyone in this thread know the Maine area? Or have other ideas? A bit further and Iā€™m in Canada, which of course is its own kind of awesome ā€¦ Iā€™ve never been to Nova Scotia and of course cannabis is legal federally in that northern paradise ā€¦

ETA: Basically I want to just wander around, relax in some chill towns, eat good food, stare at some water, drink some beers and get high and read. Oh shit that sounds awesome.

3 Likes

NH and Maine are both really nice in the summertime, and if you take I-90 to I-290 to I-495 youā€™ll pass a few different towns in MA which have rec dispensaries no more than 5-10 minutes from the highway exit.

1 Like

So essentially this with Stephen Kingā€™s accent.

1 Like

From Mass., grew up in NH, and vacationed a lot in Maine. Iā€™ve never tried to buy marijuana there, and donā€™t know about that part. So, if thatā€™s all you are interested in, skip the rest.

Summary

There are a bunch of different areas along the coast. In the extreme south, there are sand beaches and lots of crowds and shopping malls. Further north, the coast turns rocky, and you have a lot of sailboats, lobster boats, and trees. This part is called mid-coast, and is the best part, imo. At the extreme north, you have Acadia National Park, which is pretty cool, but also crowded and very pricey in the summer.

Portland is at the border of southern Maine and mid-coast, and is a cool small city. Itā€™s gotten more expensive over the years, but you could stay somewhere outside of town and drive in. Schooner cruises and wildlife watches are available, as well as lots of bars, breweries, and restaurants.

North of Portland is Freeport, which is the original home of L.L. Bean, and now has a ton of other outlet stores. Not really much of interest, but there are some waterfront Airbnbs, and itā€™s still civilization. If you are continuing ā€œdown eastā€ as they say, you may want to stock up on groceries and alcohol in Portland or Freeport.

Somewhere north of this point, you leave I-95, and start following coastal route 1, and get into ā€œrealā€ mid-coast Maine. Traffic is pretty miserable at peak times on Rt. 1, so avoid those times if you can. Towns in this area include Wiscasset, Damariscotta, Booth Bay, and Camden. Staying in or near any of those, you can enjoy the water, decent to good food, kitsch, and trees.

There are some islands out in Penobscot Bay that will probably have some hotels and Airbnbs. Check whether they let you take their boat out. Monhegan Island is a cool and very beautiful day trip, but has very limited accomodations. If you can score one, you could stay there and just sit at the top of a cliff looking at the water all day. Another fine option is to take a week-long schooner cruise out of Camden. You can work on the boat about as much as you want, and they cook delicious food on board every day. The comfort level varies, so choose one that fits your requirements. They probably donā€™t allow smoking, so that limits your options.

Lobster rolls anywhere along the coast will be good. Inland lobster rolls are hit or miss. Buying lobsters from a pound (thereā€™s one in Medomak) and having them boil them for you can be a great way to save a lot of money on a great dinner.

1 Like

PNW?

Thanks for this. Really helpful! ā€¦ In particular, I am interested in the crowds (and if they can be avoided) ā€¦ before reading this post I had been considering Acadia National Park and Bar Harbor, but it sounds like some of what I want can be found a bit further south from there in the mid-coast region.

Acadia opens its camping spots on a rolling 60-day basis, so spots for this trip are not open yet and I could likely get one.

Totally, just another 30 hours drive ā€¦ I love visiting the Pacific Northwest.

ETA: 60, rt

1 Like

this is a therapy.

3 Likes

Lil nugget of wat is essentially hash in there. My buddy had a bowl filled with balls the size of limes

11 Likes

I accidentally consumed more than twice the mg that Iā€™ve gotten high on before. And whoops. The letters on my phone are floating off the screen lol.

11 Likes

No wonder you didnā€™t understand my meme :speak_no_evil:

1 Like

4 Likes

I made my triumphant return last night after more than a decade. No panic attack, no crippling paranoia, but didnā€™t really make me sleepy like my stated goal to the employee that sold me the pre roll. Didnā€™t take much. Probably 2 good hits, and within 15 minutes I was there. Had sex, watched half of Blade Runner 2049, and finally fell asleep.

13 Likes

Off work this week so I downed a couple droppers of my homemade tincture, then topped it off with some Pax rips.

Feeling as though a bean bag chair was dropped from a great height onto my head lol.

6 Likes

2nd time Iā€™ve received a tip from a customer in weed form lol

11 Likes

I donā€™t know how you guys do this high grade shit on the reg. I had two hits off a 20% THC Indica pre roll Sunday and it took until this morning that I felt 100% normal again. I think that was way too strong for me. Should I look for a lower % Indica dominant hybrid? Maybe weed just ainā€™t for me?

1 Like