Cannabis: Now Cheap and Legal Everywhere*

Went to the art museum last week, it was amazing and because of covid lots less people than usual

3 Likes

Nice. You have top-flight museums in Chicago. I lived in the suburbs for a few years back in grade school. I havenā€™t been to Chicago for 20 years. Looking forward to visiting again at some point.

1 Like

Edible doses are funny. Everyone is different. Yesterday I was doing a staycation day at the Flamingo pool. 50 mgs plus a $30 dollar pool drink and I was hammered. Plus that much thc gives me a good base. No more alcohol was needed for awhile.

1 Like

:+1:

Iā€™m colourblind too :cry:

Have you tried out a pair of the corrective glasses yet? I donā€™t think theyā€™d work for someone who is full on black and white only, colorblindness. I got some as a gift a couple of years ago. Itā€™s completely altered what sunsets look like, and also flowers and art.

My uncorrected vision ā€œredā€ just looks like what regular vision people would call ā€œbrownā€. The only issue I have with the corrective glasses, is that it makes the primary colors really ā€œloudā€, uncomfortably so compared to the muted vision of the world of that Iā€™m accustomed to.

3 Likes

No I didnā€™t even know they were available.

Thatā€™s me with blue/purple too though.

Yeahā€¦ Iā€™m having to wear sunglasses when itā€™s sunny here and I didnā€™t need to before as the light & brightness off the day goes for my eyes now.

Thanks for that, I may go down and check them out.

:+1:

2 Likes

You should try the corrective lenses, Iā€™ve seen lots of videos with people trying them for the first time and having their mind blown

2 Likes

Purple is brown for me too. With blue it varies.

Back in my 20ā€™s I had no significant other or family member living with me who could correct any ā€œweirdā€ wardrobe choices I made. One day as I was walking into the office at work, the receptionist said ā€œYou must really love lavenderā€. I asked her WTF she was talking about. She respondedā€¦the shirt youā€™re wearing is lavender and you wear lavender shirts all the time.

I had no clue. I thought Iā€™d been buying blue shirts. Apparently I love the color lavender the way I see it. The lavender that I see with the corrective glasses is very meh.

2 Likes

Iā€™m still at it, I buy what I think looks good and I love colours, my last escapade was a pair of New Balance trainers, just standard 574ā€™s on sale that I thought were yellow and grey and some sort of blueish taint.

Iā€™ve had people just comment on the street ā€œNice trainers Broā€ a few times with a wry grin.
Iā€™ve had jumpers people die laughing over thinking there lavender blue as you say & are infact lyluk pink or something, shirts too.

Alough I got a mark up in my Art A-level at school for interesting colours from the examiners and the teacher was like ā€œI knew it would happenā€ lol.

When buying clothes nowadays I need someone with me hahahahah :grin:

1 Like

Speaking of things to do on ediblesā€¦ Try going to the symphony some time. The sound just suffuses the entire space. I like to alternate watching individual musicians while trying to pick their sound out of the collective with closing my eyes and just sinking into the sound. Amazing experience.

2 Likes

Mmm 5 gram gummies

6 Likes

Wow that looks great!

1 Like

Thought you stoners would appreciate thisā€¦

1 Like

50mg for a newbie is insane. I think I told this story already but I took 30mg on the plane back to Australia last time I was in the US and was pretty toasty. A trip to the lavatory was an arduous endeavour. And Iā€™d been smoking every night for two weeks solid before that, plus a smattering of edibles for the two weeks before that.

2 Likes

Ended up doing 5mg > hour > 5mg and felt a little buzz but nothing too crazy. Ladies stuck with 5 and got a bit giggly but nothing wild. Thanks for the advice.

6 Likes

Iā€™m not a heavyweight drinker but this makes me think I might tolerate marijuana a little too well. Iā€™m about a month into making regular purchases and Iā€™d only smoked a handful of times in my life before that. I took 50 mg a couple weeks ago in the course of about an hour and it hit me but I still didnā€™t feel as good as I do from inhaling it and it was just a kinda disappointing high. No freakout or anything. I did feel the after effects the entire next day though.

1 Like

Are you getting stuff from a legit dispensary? I used to buy edibles from non-official sources pretty often and like 9/10 of them make up wildly inaccurate THC content on the label.

2 Likes

Yeah itā€™s a legal dispensary and the product last time was Ozone indica gummies, 10 mg apiece. Kinda put me off edibles because I never felt that baked yet spent the entire next day at work feeling spacey.

lol so many ā€œediblesā€ being sold in packs that say 600mg that are probably not even 10% of that if even

1 Like

Weed tolerance and edible tolerance in particular does vary pretty heavily between people. There are probably people out there who could take 50mg their first time and not get blasted out beyond Jupiter, but those people are a small minority.

2 Likes