Cannabis: Now Cheap and Legal Everywhere*

If you’re in a legal place you should be able to get some strains with roughly equal ratio of THC:CBD. A good example of the type is Harlequin. You usually see it around 1:1 or 1:2 THC:CBD. The percent numbers are usually lower than you’re used to seeing (e.g., 5%:10%) but if you’re concerned about anxiety or paranoia that’s probably a good thing.

I’ve got a local strain called Pennywise that’s a cross between Harlequin and Jack the Ripper, clocking in at 6% THC, 7.8% CBD, with 0.6% CBG.

Haven’t actually tried it yet, but I’m guessing if you can find something like that, it could be what you’re after.

We’re actually a favorite to get some kind of federal legalization bill through this year now, right? I figured it would pass the house and get Mitched.

1 Like

Don’t want to repeat running out for 10 days again (where I dropped 7 lbs) so got the full oz. Also some new glass. Always thought multiple perc bongs were for pretentious ppl but apparently it’s noticeably better for your lungs.

The king of the sac was this 2.3 g bad boy.

Yes I’m pretty high rn.

8 Likes

Would bet heavily on it, but for the term, not the year.

Last night was fun. I smoked like 2 bowls and ate that one chunk of butter and I was blasted off for like 3 hours.

The difference in that experience, and what I get when I’m on the high end of my consumption (little bit all day, etc), is night and day.

2 Likes

New York State gonna legalize weed (and online sport betting)

4 Likes

How about fucking poker while they are at it? NY poker would be great.

1 Like

I picked up a gram of cbg tonight, plus a couple of other strains. I’ll give you a trip report on Friday after my Crafty + shows up. The bud tender recommended mixing the cbg with the sea monkey for an amazing high. Can’t wait!

2 Likes

I had a strain called Grapefruit a decade ago, but haven’t seen it since. It was just like you described. Great smell, just like grapefruit. And euphoric high. Loved it. It’s the only strain I’ve encountered that made working out better. Wish I could find some around here, but can’t complain too much as San Diego has plentiful options.

1 Like

Vape only unless special occasions imo. It’s worth it.

1 Like

Edibles even better imo. When I tour with friends that smoke joints constantly I can feel it in my lungs for sure. I got addicted to my bong last winter gaming also and could feel the difference.

If you put it under tongue. If you swallow it so liver gets it that isn’t necessarily true.

I much prefer edibles, and the ones I used last about 2-3 hours for me. I take gelatin capsules that have something with resin in the name but I’m not sure it’s actually resin (can you even ingest resin?). But, the lingering effects are really annoying. Like I would get legit brain fog for 12 hours after some of these doses, so I had to stop using during the week. It’s a real subtle thing too. But I do moderate to high doses - on low doses, probably not a big deal.

One of my buddies always hooks me up with free flower, edibles, and other goodies when he gets big shipments. Smoked this pre-rolled a couple of hours ago and still feeling amazing

8 Likes

From what I can tell on the web Grapefruit has been around a while, as you note. It also seems like it’s fairly widespread, so maybe if you keep your eye out it will pop up in your area.

Thanks for the pointer. I can see that it’s available at some shops around me, so I’ll put it on my list of strains to try out.

I have to say that exploring all these different strains is my favorite part of weed use (other than getting high of course).

2 Likes

I didn’t really enjoy mine 🤷 probably doing something wrong

1 Like

Nah, don’t throw it out! You can cook with it, or even smoke it (it won’t be pleasant or potent though).

It’s already been decarb’d so you can literally sprinkle it on food or put it in capsules and consume it that way if you want.

1 Like

Bro you saying you’re gonna blaze through an ounce of weed every week?

wait_what

Not that there’s anything wrong with that…

Seriously though there’s a bunch of stuff you can do with the AVB/ABV, just poke around with Google and you can find something you’re interested in.

1 Like

Man I’m actually really excited for you that you’re getting into vaping instead of smoking weed. (No sarcasm.) It’s just so much better if you want to smell and taste the flower. And healthier, and more efficient (i.e., cheaper).

6 Likes