Cannabis: Now Cheap and Legal Everywhere*

As a freelance cannabis journalist, I’ve been working from home (super stoned) my entire life. When most people think about productivity aids, stimulants like adderall, caffeine, and taurine come to mind. While those work, there’s a ton of downsides, health risks, addictive qualities, and general icky-ness associated with all of them.

But as crazy as it might sound, the right strain of weed can take the place of any productivity boosting stimulant, and do a way better job with no tax on your body and soul. To explore this concept of using weed to work from home, we spoke to a range of professionals, from artists to IT guys…

2 Likes

Please explain or refer me to a guide. I am most interested.

Do the terpenes not matter as much?

Much appreciated.

1 Like

Fidge, okay to ask further questions/discuss? No worries if not.

1 Like

Tolerance break after i cant even feel 30mg edible doses anymore. I don’t think my tolerance has ever been this high.

I have almost exclusively used an o pen vaporizer. I don’t enjoy flower and smoking in general. Maybe because the temp has always been too high for my taste??

I’m confused about whether there is any worthy consideration for the terpene composition and if that can be modulated in line with the temperature at which the battery pack is set to run.

Juice Co for example sells a variety of vape cartridges advertising different primary effects. For example, their turquoise Chill flavor contains THC at 72.77% broken down into terpenes: Limonene 30.1 mg/g, Caryophyllene 24.5 mg/g, and Myrcene 16.5 mg/g.

Am I mistaken in strategizing the composition of the terpenes for desired effects? Should I be paying attention just to the vape pen’s three temp settings?

1 Like

Wisdom from across the pond!!! First person to suggest I trash the prestigious O-Pen. This is making sense and I appreciate it.

VAS is fine as I need something to replace my PAS (politics acquisition syndrome).

1 Like

Risky, there was some conversation about this and a number of links and info posted on/around October 30 this year. Scroll back the thread to around post 1200 to find them.

Responding to the specific questions:

Vaping flower is a lot different than burning it like you would in a joint or pipe. It’s way less harsh, and actually tastes kind of good (if you’re into that kind of thing). I’d second fidget’s recommendation and suggest you get a flower vape and try it.

Plus, personally, I have a pretty strong bias against the liquid vape pens/cartridges. For one, they can contain harmful chemicals, and for two, I’ve never had good luck with them (seems like they can gum up and be difficult or impossible to use up completely). I guess they do have legitimate use cases but they’re not for me.

It seems like from what you wrote here that you might have a little misunderstanding of what terpenes are. They are a different class of compound from cannabinoids like THC, CBD, etc. So “Turquoise Chill” contains 72.77% THC along with the listed terpenes (not broken down into). It might be helpful to note that terpenes are found in many other kinds of plants, not just cannabis.

As far as different effects for different terpenes, you’ll find a lot of people saying that they do make a difference. My personal take is that they may make a difference, but that the difference is small compared to variations caused by other factors, like cannabinoid amount & ratio, and vaping temp.

Hope this helps. If you’re in a legal state (or have a good hookup), vaping flower is pretty awesome. It’s efficient (you go through a lot less flower, which is relatively cheap, so you don’t spend a lot of money), works great (gets you high), doesn’t kill your lungs, and is just fun because, since you can really taste/smell the flower, it’s fun to try and compare different strains.

ETA: Forgot to say that I’d second all the info from fidget as well.

4 Likes

Thanks to both of you. I am persuaded and am looking into the Tinymight.

I followed some of the previous conversation and think I even posted a couple of questions to you back then as well, but I didn’t really follow what I see you are saying this time. Now I’m in a legal state and will be glad to further educate myself next to you finely flowered gentlemen :+1::fire:

1 Like

May I ask for one or two product links?

1 Like

I’d really love to try edibles, but unfortunately they aren’t legal in my state yet :frowning:

Storz & Bickel make great vapes. They’re expensive but last forever.

4 Likes

If we can sit and talk about music, I will be your chaperone should you find yourself hungry for an edible in the desert sun of Nevada

1 Like

This looks like a true beauty

3 Likes

Soon as Trump sends me my next check :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

same. got mine is 2010 and it’s been my primary deal. still works like the day i bought it

5 bags!

3 Likes
1 Like

uhhh i like both better

1 Like

merry christmas

1 Like

beet was the most relaxed I’ve ever seen him after the runoff lmao

1 Like