Cannabis: Now Cheap and Legal Everywhere*

I bought a hot plate and it works well with a digital meat thermometer in it. I can turn it on at the same setting and it stays right below the boiling point almost always without any adjustment.

dang-ol-thing-went-boom

I think my girlfriend might have something like that. Iā€™ll ask her and try it out if so.

Iā€™m hoping it will be! Iā€™ve never tried a tincture before and Iā€™m looking forward to it.

From everything Iā€™ve read if you have good airflow and keep the temps reasonable and use a double boiler, the steam emitted from the water is enough to avoid any combustion.

7 Likes

I found a bottle of Everclear at my local Total Wine and will be making a tincture soon. I want it to be strong and am thinking about using an ounce of 20% indica trim and an ounce of a 5%/10% thc/cbd strain. Not sure if Iā€™m overdoing it, but based on the photo Iā€™d guess 2 ounces of weed per 5th of everclear should be ok.

Also need to decarb first and will do 30 minutes at 250 degrees unless someone with some knowledge of the process tells me a different temp and duration works better.

Nice score on the Everclear. Iā€™d have to think that amount of flower/trim would be plenty, as long as you decarb it right. Iā€™m really not confident in my decarbing knowledge and skills though so I canā€™t really help you there.

Me too. There are so many decarbing recipes on the web and theyā€™re all completely different. I have no idea which method results in the most complete reaction.

I walked into Total Wine and asked a kid if he knew where it was and he walked me right to it and said ā€œHere it is, right next to the fire extinguisherā€. They had a bunch of it and I thought it was illegal to sell it here. Possession is OK.

This description seems solid: Decarboxylation: The Most Informative Guide Youā€™ll Ever Read

Prepping my second tent, mostly cbd for the needy coming. Aiming for 1.5g/w< on 960w.

14 Likes

The best part of a 6 oz harvest is binging all day on the patio listening to tunes. For a 25$ clone and less than $20 in fertilizer and water. Incredible. Only 2% finished.

6 Likes

Have you thought about using some of the harvest to make edibles? If you donā€™t want to mess with making cannabutter you could just make a big batch of firecrackers and put them in the freezer.

Iā€™ve made cannabutter and turned it into chocolate chip cookies several times. I have been considering it. It probably depends how quickly i get sick of this strain and/or am getting through it.

I did start w 2 plants this year. One ended up being male and obviously got killed. I will probably grow 6 next outdoor grow season so I make sure I get a lot so it isnā€™t an either/or situation.

1 Like

Once your dose is dialed in so you just donā€™t need to take a nap by eating too much, edibles are my preference. Iā€™ve been too lazy to make any lately which is dumb. I quit smoking and only vaped or did edibles for a few years then went on a summer tour with someone who smoked joints all the time and while we were at shows. I could feel it in my lungs afterwards for a few months.

Looks awesome! Curious about your experience with LED vs. HPS lights, especially with consideration to the price difference and I guess heat differences. I recall LED being a little bit friendlier with heat closer to the light, so it being nicer to the plants but am double checking assumptions.

Love that DWC setup. Looking there I assume there is a much larger reservoir to handle nutrients? Do you ever run into any issues with individual plants that run into nutrient deficiencies, and how do you handle it?

What size is that tent? 4x8?

1 Like

This is my first LED setup. I bought these lights from Alibaba, for 1/3 price of HLG 550 v2, specs and components are the same.

Iā€™ve had problems with HPS lights before, temperatures have been through the roof, canopy light penetration is uneven and yields have been meh wrt power consumption.

Hydroponic setup is 2x Atami Wilma XXL with 5 x 25L pots (60/40 hydrococo substrate), 150L reservoir. Tent is 3m x 1,5m. Itā€™s pretty much a set and forget operation, everythingā€™s automated. Only thing to do is to calculate nutes and adjust ph when filling the reservoirs, with flow meter and excel itā€™s ez pz.

I really havenā€™t run into individual nutrient deficiencies (yet). I just follow the feed chart and try not to overfeed, itā€™s also easy to remove individual pots if I run into problems.

4 Likes

bigger bucket &
watch bonzai vids
=)

1 Like

Thanks for the response. I havenā€™t grown in a few years as I moved somewhere it is legal to buy at the store, yet illegal to grow your own. Before I grew with 3 Krusty Buckets (DWC) in a 2ā€™x4ā€™ tent with 400w HPS with a scrog screen. I also had a mother tent that was smaller with fluorescents, mothers in soil, and an aeroponics cloner. It was a decent amount of work but it was pretty fun and relaxing, especially while enjoying the fruits of your labor during the process. :slight_smile:

Think the next time I get the opportunity Iā€™ll be going LED and one of these multi-pot hydro systems. Seems more reliable, cheaper, and the feeding process sounds much easier.

3 Likes
5 Likes

For those of you using cannabis to address anxiety: Do you find thereā€™s a sweet spot in consumption for efficacy?

Iā€™m not sure if itā€™s accurate to say pot speeds up my thoughts or that it leads me to pay more attention to them. Whichever, thereā€™s a point where consuming more leads to more anxietyā€“not less.

Also, anyone note differences bt edibles and smoking bud, to address anxiety?