Cannabis: Now Cheap and Legal Everywhere*

ROOT RIOT

4 Likes

$45 regular price, I paid $33.75 after discount.

1 Like

Anyone have experience making their own edibles for medicinal purposes?

What I struggle with is proper dosing. It either comes out super strong or super weak and sometimes different even within the same batch.

1 Like

It’s gotta be mathematical and out there somewhere. What i want is, how can i dose out my chocolates or w/e I make into 10 mg doses like they sell at pot shops. The doses in the mass produced candies are spot on. But i feel i’m paying a huge premium for something I can just do myself.

I’m at like $50/week and it’s too much to justify.

That’s exactly what I was looking for, thanks.

I dont know anything about cooking or baking with weed but I’m assuming you know how much THC is in the flower if you’re buying it legally? I’m assuming you don’t extract 100% of the THC when doing this, I don’t know what the number is but lets say 70% of the THC is extracted and the rest is either destroyed or left over in the plant. You would then just use the THC yield from extraction and whatever your required dosing is to decide how many pieces of food to make, make sure that the THC oil is mixed into the chocolate or candy goo really well to try and minimize variation from piece to piece.

Say you start with 28.5 gram of flower with 25% THC, you extract in oil and using the 70% efficiency number you can say I should have 4988 mg of THC in my oil. If you want 25 mg doses then mix the oil into the food batter and divide the batter into 200 equally weighed pieces. It would be best to do this by weight and not eyeball the piece size.

I doubt you can ever achieve the same results as the pros because they have the ability to analyze their extracts and adjust from there before making the food. There will always be variation from batch to batch mainly because you won’t know how much THC you actually extracted without having it analyzed. There’s also the chance that you dont mix the oil in well enough and end up with concentrated and weak parts of your batter

I’ve made tinctures three times. The first time was good. The second time was weak. The third time was also weak. I tried evaporating some of the alcohol but there was a color change and it didnt seem any stronger. Possibly oxidation is bad. It’s voodoo trying to make any sense of this.

So I finally figured out that sativas actually give me more anxiety than indicas. This is a game changer for me personally as the eventual lethargy seems pretty equal with both.

Strain report

Bubba Fett: Holy shit. ~ 29% thc indica dominant hybrid. Possibly the greatest weed name ever. Heavy sedation that hits you immediately. Low anxiety for its raw power. Dense popcornish buds that almost need a grinder. Flavor is nice if a bit sour.

Blue Burnout: ~ 23% thc. Indica. Very good fruity flavor that holds up through your exhale. Good mellow high. Can still, unbegrudgingly, wake up in the morning even if you smoke late.

Lemon Diesel: Don’t remember the thc label. Citrusy, spicy flavor that suffers in comparison from better tasting weeds currently on tap. Definitely a speedy high. Bought this hoping it would be similar to some Lemon Widow I smoked back in the early 2000s but I am disappoint. Gonna give it another try on a fresh mind later this week but would not recommend.

4 Likes

this is a therapy.

2 Likes

over/under the top of the fence by sept 1?

• over
  • under

0 voters

2 Likes

Definitely over it is almost there lol.

1 Like

I want some!

lol when you shared that you were baked during that whole ordeal. Vicarious

Got some edibles, going to be a fun weekend. Already took 60 mg for tonight lol

4 Likes

I’ve been taking 5-6mgs a night to help me sleep. I can’t imagine taking 60.

25 is my record.

10-12 is what I need to start peaking out my blinds.

1 Like

And so it begins

10 Likes

Buds galore

7 Likes

Grandma definitely smokes

3 Likes

It is kind of blowing my mind that 3 months ago the plant was this (one on the bottom):

Weed plants are super cool honestly. I have really enjoyed watching it go through the process to here. Can’t wait to actually get to harvest and eventually try it out.

4 Likes

Our Latinx chef friend is making edibles now. Picked these up yesterday.

Great flavors, all vegan:

1. Maize + Cherry
  2. Choc chip + sea salt
  3. Cafe de Olla shortbread with orange zest & cinnamon
  4. Peanut butter with cassava flour and monk fruit sugar. Gluten free.

These were 350-400mg of THC total for 100$
Perfect for camping next weekend.

5 Likes