Cannabis: Now Cheap and Legal Everywhere*

Anyone worried about respiratory shit with the current goings on?

Yeah titrate up your dose until you find your effective dose. My brother is a huge guy who took edibles to help him through chemo. Started at 5mg and ended up taking 15 to 20mg a night to help him sleep.

I got very very stoned off of 15 mg my first time. I think starting with 7-10 would be smart.

4 Likes

Make sure the edibles are full spectrum and then like the others said Indica should do the trick. I would start with less than 10mg personally.

Gonna strongly recommend against 15mg+ for a first timer LOL. 5mg or lower unless heā€™s the size of two humans. 15mg is a huge waste simply for sleeping. Thatā€™s party dosage for Mr. and Mrs. Hobbes imo.

@hobbes9324, if you give me a link to the dispensary you plan to purchase from, I will give a couple of recommendations from their online menu :+1:

2 Likes

Not sure if bad luck or what but Iā€™ve yet to find an edible that makes me anything other than sorry I ate it. I have to smoke

thanks for all the input - going somewhere in reno when we get home fri,

MM MD

Itā€™ll take some experimentation with timing too. People generally report feeling the effects anywhere from 30 minutes to two hours after eating.

I generally eat edibles after a small snack or light meal, and feel the effects pretty consistently in 45 minutes to an hour. If the edible isnā€™t something made with canna butter/oil or other fats (I.e. if itā€™s a gummy), have a small snack with a fatty food. A piece of toast with peanut butter or Nutella is perfect. THC is fat soluble and a fatty snack helps with the absorption in my experience.

1 Like

Got a few suggestions for you depending on what kind of edible you prefer.

Chocolate
For my mouth, Binske chocolate of any sort is the best damn chocolate youā€™ll ever eat. 10mg per piece, 100mg total per bar. $20 or lower at most dispensaries. Break a piece in half and share with the missus.

I personally prefer the sea salt flavor. You will find these at most dispensaries, or just ask for an equivalent.

This is available at The Dispensary on Plum Lane.

Candies
This is like a jolly rancher. Suck on it a while. The benefit of a candy is a far faster effect because as long as it remains in your mouth, you are absorbing the THC sublingually. If you shop at The Dispensary, ask for the Cannabella brand, but otherwise you should be able to find candies in as little as 2.5mg micro doses or as high as 10mg. Also available as suckers.

Gummies
I honestly would stay away from these. Itā€™s a rare brand that has a good texture and doesnā€™t taste like skunk bud.

Baked goods
Ask the budtender about taste with their selection. These can range from uhhh are you sure thereā€™s weed in this to tasting like youā€™re eating a joint raw.

Dranks
I am thinking this might actually be the edible for you. THC-infused sodas are TASTE-EE and feel a lot more like a normal activity for a first-timer. JUST BE CAREFUL you get one that is 10mg total. Some sodas are 100mg total and my man, if you drink that, we will welcome you back to reality at the end of the outbreak.

If you find that the taste of edibles is simply not to your liking, look into tinctures, which can just be dropped into your mouth or mixed in any normal drink.

3 Likes

No idea what dosage I had, but I called the damn paramedics, or mostly begged my buddy to call them, after two shots of lemonade- my buddy poured a second for us after awhile not realizing the bottle actually warned against doing this and said just wait a little longer it will kick in.

I vomited three times and each time could barely muster enough energy to keep myself from planting face first into the vomit. Thankfully my buddy is 350 lbs and handled things well enough to clean up for me.

The paramedics made fun of me pretty badly and helped me get onto a couch that I didnā€™t leave for something like twelve hours but it felt like days.

Havenā€™t done edibles since. Did not know you could trip like this from marijuana.

Two shots!!! Jesus. Did you at least go through some peaks and valleys? At one point THIS IS THE WORST DECISION OF MY LIFE and at the other point heyyyyyyyy this is the best. You know, for twelve hours.

No, there was never any best. The first half hour of feeling it was fine. Then it was just horrendous.

Iā€™m a drug lightweight and a coward though.

Sorry to hear that. I hope it has not put you off them permanently.

thanks a lot for all the info - and Iā€™m going to be VERY cautious.

MM MD

1 Like

+1 to starting at 5mg, should do the trick. 10mg is liable to get a first timer stoned. People do vary in their response based on a whole bunch of factors though, so just titrate up or down if needed. 5mg wonā€™t be ā€œtoo muchā€ in terms of adverse effects, but you might decide itā€™s more than you need.

Be aware that long term (like 3 weeks+ Iā€™d guess) daily use of marijuana results in tolerance and then in withdrawals for some people when they stop, and that the #1 symptom is insomnia. If youā€™re not using daily or close to daily you donā€™t need to worry. Also worth looking into imo is tricyclic antidepressants at low dose - doxepin is frequently used, Iā€™ve tried amitryptiline. You take very low doses, like I use 2.5 - 5mg of amitryptiline (but would recommend trying 10mg) where starting dose for depression is 70mg.

1 Like

Indica edibles are a fantastic sleep aid. Used to take 5-10 mg and just floated away like a baby once I closed my eyes.

This, I was 275+ when I tried my first edibles, and 10 mg got me stooooooooooooooooooooooned.

Start with 5. Wait about an hour and see how you feel. Adjust accordingly. Go up in 5 mg increments. If you feel like you havenā€™t taken enough, you probably have and it just hasnā€™t worked its way into your system yet.

1 Like

Got some examples of what youā€™ve tried? Iā€™ve found gummies/mints to be a MUCH better option for me than baked goods.

Yah edibles are the sort of thing where you can wake up ten hours later and realize wtf am I still stoned?

Yup, stick that sucker right under your tongue and leave it there and the effects should take hold a lot faster.

1 Like