Business & Management chat

Thanks guys!

Is 80% medical good? I don’t know shit about health insurance.

Don’t see anything about 401k so I’ll have to ask them about that but my current company doesn’t match so meh.

Definitely going to sleep on it. Probably ask for some more advice itt because I don’t know shit about real jobs lol

They let it slip in the interview that they haven’t had a lot of good candidates and they really seem excited about getting me.

Should I use that to push for more money?

It’s a pretty tough sell to talk about money, get offered that amount, then ask for more. Seems like a great way to get told to fuck off. So it just depends on what you have given them so far.

3 Likes

They lowballed what I said I was looking for by a dollar lol. Still a big raise.

Only negative is my commute will go from 15 minutes to 40 minutes

I wouldn’t push for more money if they met your ask. Push for other benefits like more vacation, higher bonus potential, better medical, etc.

4 Likes

Yeah, I’d even be cautious about asking for more medical coverage if they were only a dollar off your ask. But a bit more vacation doesn’t go on the balance sheet the same way

2 Likes

Vacation seems pretty good already. Two weeks vacation and 5 days sick time so ~3 weeks total. So yeah I’m happy with the deal overall.

Man changing jobs creates a lot of anxiety lol. Basically rolling the dice hoping you don’t end up in a shitty work situation

I also feel bad for my current employer. Lots of people are leaving because they aren’t keeping up with pay. I’ll be the 2nd supervisor to leave this month, two leads, and 3 drivers :o. I legitimately think they don’t have the money to pay people more because they lost money last year, but yeah gotta do whats best for me. Why the fuck do I feel empathy for a company lol

Thank you guys for the help

6 Likes

:expressionless: :expressionless: :expressionless:

1 Like

Man America is nuts. I get 20 days and 8 bank holidays and I feel screwed compared to most people I know. 10 days total would literally be criminal.

3 Likes

Sounds like the job is in the same general area? That’s the one of the only bad things about my job - it’s almost impossible to change positions without having to move. I feel like it would be pretty great to have the option to switch employers without uprooting my family’s entire life.

1 Like

Yeah I am very fortunate for US and get 20 days, a shutdown week at Christmas, and 3 floating holidays on top of 10 additional holidays, and my Euro friends are always like “that’s it”.

5 Likes

The best part of work from home is no babysitting. Get your shit done whenever it makes sense, end of story.

2 Likes

No, the best part is not smelling Kathys burnt ass popcorn every morning at 10:30 am.

7 Likes

Yeah I get 10 holidays off and a floating holiday on top, but yeah obv we are super far behind out european friends.

This last job first year I got 1 week and 3 sick days lol.

2 Likes

Me waiting to hear back.

7 Likes

yeah this is a huge leak in most people’s game

1 Like

Yes, don’t feel empathy for the company. It is fine however to feel empathy with those coworkers you are leaving because it sounds like the company isn’t doing great and they will be in your current position where they have to make a anxiety filled decision in the near future. How much I would feel that would likely depend on how many of these people I would actually keep in contact with after leaving the company.

I mean I know better than to feel empathy for the company but I do anyways. As for fo workers they will be super supportive.

So what does a signing the offer letter mean? Am I locked in? If my company decides to match can I change my mind and stay here even after I sign it?

You can back out of any accepted offer as long as it’s not a contract. It’s not a good look but Ive done it.

1 Like