Business & Management chat

Is that a euphemism? Because if so then yes!

2 Likes

SMART

city

:thinking:

Seems like a pretty small budget for the largest SMART city. It cost more than that to expand 20 miles of highway in my area.

Isn’t 250k total comp pretty garbage for a good engineer?

Get ready for some BBQ!

[Just kidding, that’s a story from 2015]

How awesome would honest company bios be?

“Joe is an avid cocaine user. In his spare time he enjoys going to strip clubs, harassing service workers and berating his children. He is a degenerate gambler with a negative net worth and a mountain of credit card debt. He can be reached at ____.”

6 Likes
  • December 2021
  • take dog to vet for annual checkup
  • make appointment for next year’s appointment while checking out
  • mark my work calendar “out of office” for next year’s appointment on Monday, December 5th 2022 at 8:30 am
  • 11.9 months elapse
  • on Friday, December 2nd 2022 at 3:00 inside sales rep books me for a meeting with a prospect on Monday at 8:00 am
  • I decline the meeting
  • at 9:45 pm on Sunday, December 4th 2022 green account exec slacks me “hey are you out for this meeting tomorrow”
  • “yes I’ve been marked out of the office at that time LITERALLY FOR A YEAR good luck”
6 Likes

This Olive Garden manager has had ENOUGH

Annnnnnnd she’s fired lol

2 Likes

ah yes at the exact moment where labor power, particularly in the restaurant industry, is higher than it’s ever been is the correct moment to fire the few people you still have because you personally are irked at their behavior

1 Like

I would like to know more about how a person could total their car on the way to work and still arrive on time.

I think we (management) make it as easy as we can on ya’ll.

Straight to jail imo.

1 Like

In the world of R/Thathappened anything is possible!

2 Likes

This part of the story seems 100% fake, at the very least

The NY Post comment section is predictably pissed

at Darden, for firing the manager

1 Like

14 Likes

America has a real problem with “I suffer or suffered so you should suffer too” narratives. This is probably a distant second to pure racism when it comes to the root cause of conservatism in the US, but it is so prevalent.

6 Likes

Cancel culture interfering with free speech obv.

3 Likes

Can someone please explain why New York deal lawyers are such assholes. My god.

Yesterday
Client: are you available for a call tomorrow
Me: yes, I’m flexible

Today at 9:04 am
Client: can you join a call that is currently in progress
Me: no, I’m on the bus [that’s what calendar items are for!]

1 Like

That’s a qualification!