Business & Management chat

Maybe she shit talks you to others behind your back? Idk, weird

It probably makes her mad that he is oblivious about it. The people that get comments like that in their annual reviews usually imagine that everybody is thinking about them all the time.

1 Like

Hah didnā€™t think of that. I mean we disagree on some topics but its nothing to call out. She is definitely a ā€œcomplicatedā€ type yeah.

Yeah, I think this is a good guess.

It could be any of the above. However. Women also get all sorts of sexist shit that you would be oblivious too.

Like maybe she interrupted you or publicly disagreed with you or something and some dude didnt like it.

I dunno. A good apology usually includes what was done and why it was wrong, even if theyā€™re both obvious. This one seemed to include the latter, but the former was missing. This, at least as described, sounds like a way that she can tell her superior that she apologized, but she did so without actually having to own up to what she actually did to the aggrieved party.

1 Like

I donā€™t think she knew exactly what she was apologizing for.

1 Like

There are lots and lots of people in the workplace that are much less functional than this. Usually you have to be pretty toxic on an interpersonal level for that to come up in a formal year end review. I have encountered people like this and you really cannot project rational behavior assumptions on them. As often as not an apology extended is totally insincere and likely to be offered to extract a reactive ā€œcounter apologyā€ to appease them and their fragile egos. Itā€™s a pretty big leap to assume self awareness and good intentions to coworkers where their interpersonal dynamics are being raised in performance reviews. Those people are likely bottomless pits of drama if you get sucked in.

1 Like

wtf does " your most important searchable keywords " mean in regards to a job application?

Is it for the hiring manager, its things they will like ping to find my resume?

Dumb question. Probably skills oriented though. Preciser the better. For instance a software developer would put the specific language they are proficient in.

Yeah thats what I ended up doing. Man some of these questions are so stupid.

Lol this job. Theyā€™re ending the project I took over because they canā€™t get any people to do temp work on a project and then having me start new with up to 18 temps. Although theyā€™re trying to get a new supervisor and have me go back to my normal job + inventory. So two areas instead of 3!

Basically using me to keep them afloat with a bunch of different shit and barely giving me any money. New supervisor definitely going to make more than me smh

if you were applying for a job at the company you currently work for, would you include a cover letter?

I always have in the past, but not sure itā€™s necessary now.

all the hiring managers know me, and tbh, itā€™s already been communicated to me that Iā€™m the first choice. but I still think it is best to give it 100% and not take anything for granted.

Go find a new job.

3 Likes

There is no downside to doing it. There is (very small) downside to not doing it (i.e., they donā€™t think youā€™re taking it seriously). So, just do it.

I know Iā€™m working on it. Been applying. I did have two places reject my resume already which makes me sad :frowning:

Going to work on it this weekend and keep applying.

1 Like

Itā€™s just a numbers game, donā€™t let it get to you.

2 Likes

I guess you can do it because it wonā€™t hurt you, but boy, Iā€™d be a little annoyed if I felt like I had to do a cover letter for an internal transfer/promotion.

1 Like