Business & Management chat

You should apply again.

1 Like

Some of us can do great work from home while simultaneously posting on UP a lot.

1 Like

They just never show up. It’s been happening among the blue collar assembly line workers for years, but the two I mentioned were office workers—a staff accountant and a customer service rep. The accountant just not showing up was a surprise to everyone, but not really the others.

The funny thing is they could probably call tomorrow with a lame excuse and they’d be hired. Our CFO was saying since last winter that the stimulus was hurting hiring. Things would pick up in the summer when it expired, then October, now they’re hoping for next year. Raising blue-collar pay hasn’t occurred to anyone yet

This doesn’t contradict your observation that HR works for the company, not for you. In all likelihood HR is pressuring you to reduce hours because they are probably breaking a labor law by not paying you for them and the risk of being sued outweighs the “free” work you’re giving them.

6 Likes

Yeah, my first thought was that they are concerned about some sort of liability. Would’ve been nice if she offered retroactive OT pay!

I made a poll in the similar thread on this site:

rose-colored

(I’d PM you this but your profile is hidden)

1 Like

My company recently had a new VP just not show up on like their tenth day, they emailed in a resignation later. I have no idea how that happens, but the position still isn’t filled two months later, so I guess it wasn’t a big deal.

May be someone who was applying for a bunch of jobs, took Job A but still was interviewing at better Job B, and then was later offered Job B.

:eyes:

2 Likes

These are “pink glasses.”

2 Likes

6 Likes

WTF kind of job that pays 300k has recruiters sending email spam?

Almost all of them lol.

1 Like

Eliminating the complete bullshit taboo around “yeah what is the pay” is such a good thing. A+ job

1 Like

I wish that site had more non tech salaries. Love the data and UI.

1 Like

Meh, MS is at the top of the range, not market average. If that wasn’t a FAANG job I wouldn’t say it’s 100K low (but I’m not a developer so wth do I know?)

“principal” jobs are very tough to get and more or less signify the highest non management role an engineer can get and yeah any TC under 250 at a minimum is way below market. I am not a principal =/

That seems reasonable for MS but it’s also a Seattle salary where the pay scales are la bit lower than the bay area.
Also MS is not actually top of the range in tech, F and G and several smaller cos can pay 20-30% higher for similar roles/experience.
(And not counting hedge funds with proudly toxic hunger games style work cultures. Also I hear palantir pays crazy high … But you need security clearance and the desire to actively do evil)