Burning it down

Do you think you are putting people off here with that idea?

1 Like

I think most of the people who have thought this through are under no delusions and understand that ā€œburning it downā€ wonā€™t necessarily leave us in a garden of Eden. It might end very badly. But this is what happens when people run out of options. This is what happens when they keep killing black people who have no recourse. When they suppress votes. When they throw up the shittiest candidates possible to vote for. When they steal our wealth to give to the billionaire class. This is what happens when the establishment continues to go against the peopleā€™s will.

When there are no good remaining options you either burn it all down or you succumb to the elite and loss of democracy. I donā€™t think weā€™re quite there yet, but weā€™re close

2 Likes

Itā€™s not what my gun does. Itā€™s the government fearing the people instead of the other way around. I do agree that leaving is certainly an option. I also would hope we can rise above our problems through the power of democracy and voting. I just donā€™t see us as much of a democracy anymore. Talk me about of it. Maybe my views have been tainted by seeing how corrupt and truly evil the establishment is. My awaking has been somewhat recent. I used to think Rachel fucking Maddow was a leftie progressive! Iā€™ve been played for a fool

pretty much the first rule for anyone whoā€™s ever been in an authoritarian state is

things can always get worse

weā€™re not quite there though some are trying but yes, yes it can

There will always be a 1%, by definition.

Police organization tends to be pretty local in the US, though there are national policies that support local control, such as qualified immunity from responsibility. If often comes down to the discretionary exercise of national powers of whether to hold local police accountable.

Eg, Trump administration has sought to undo Obama era consent decrees for local police.

Yes, itā€™s basically fantasy. Like, we can go back to everyone dying young and hungry. Itā€™s kinda the ā€œnormalā€ state of affairs for human beings.

Normal people itt

But they wonā€™t always own more wealth than the bottom ~80% of the population.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/PerryStein/status/1267278729878913027?s=19

1 Like

Looks like theyā€™re burning it down alright.

https://twitter.com/KateBennett_DC/status/1267288073731215364?s=19

Seems on brand

https://mobile.twitter.com/gxsingularity/status/1267291208872689664

1 Like

lol get some perspective man, unions are raided by politicians a million times worse than some damage to a building by random kids and umm also doesnā€™t the afl-cio work with police unions, this whole protest is about the police system

1 Like

Yeah this the problem. The government is the equivalent of a Roman Emperor. Controls 90% of the wealth by virtue of debt based currency. Everyone gets got. AR-15? No problem, hereā€™s a drone attack. Target neutralized. Also, the 1% are so insulated. Like by real estate, finances, everything. Hate to be ll conspiriatiral, but the 1% and the FED GOV have such an incestious relationship, its not going to break the way we want it.

I agree that burning it all down does not work if the majority of the population is on the side of the oppressors. It just increases their power while they beat down the protesters. I still believe that isnā€™t true in the USA when it comes to police brutality and then protests that turn violent when opposed by police can work.

Not a conspiracy. Thatā€™s the way itā€™s always been.

I give the looters in Santa Monica some credit. Donā€™t loot the stores where you live. Loot the upscale stores in the white area.

6 Likes

White nationalist dictatorships donā€™t require the support of a majority of the peopleā€¦ thatā€™s what makes them dictatorships!

The United States is dealing with a bout of fascism. It will pass. They are stretching the outer boundaries of their power right now. Power used is power lost tbh.

When this all shakes out Iā€™m pretty confident the president will have a lot more oversight from the legislative branch, and the senate wonā€™t have a filibuster.

The really interesting moment is when Trump loses and refuses to go. Unfortunately for him heā€™s spent the last 3 years abusing the very people heā€™d need to carry out a coup.

I disagree with that. Dictators get into power with the majority of the population agreeing. They can hold onto it long after that majority is gone and dictators can replace existing dictators but I donā€™t think the USA is at a point where the population takes Trumps side if he tries to use this to become a dictator for life.