Bump this thread when terrible famous people die

Grassley HAS to be getting his grandchildren (great grandchildren?) to tweet for him, right? Like, he dictates what to tweet then they do it.

No adult human writes this way.

Right?

2 Likes

Did it include the words scum sucker, fucking cock, and racist fuckbag?

2 Likes

He only became an opioid addict to be more relatable to his audience.

5 Likes

2 Likes

Eh, pretty common for conservatives to be super nice and compassionate to people in their circle, and even include people you wouldn’t expect like minorities, etc. in that circle. Defining feature is to be at war with those that are outside the circle, usually by caricaturizing and then demonizing people the type of people they don’t have regular contact with.

1 Like

You all joke but think of the poor dopes who outsourced thinking to Rush, they’re going to be so confused until they turn on Fox News and are told how to feel.

maga doritos or whatever

4 Likes

https://twitter.com/realguldukat/status/1362144139555528704?s=21

8 Likes

Re the poll. Needs a new option.

Revive his ass so he can suffer a little longer.

6 Likes

You’re allowed to make your own polls.

That’s true for everyone. Different circles but there are still circles. A difference is that conservative’s reaction to outsiders tends not to be restrained the same way it is for liberals. There’s no thought, “wait a minute, just cause this dude’s brown doesn’t mean he’s a threat.”

https://twitter.com/KenTremendous/status/1362110020180082689

17 Likes

I immediately thought of this Instagram post.

17 Likes

The “1” on the link is me not getting the joke until I clicked through.

4 Likes

https://twitter.com/wonderella/status/1362095182489919488?s=21

11 Likes

Yet, by the time Trump appeared on the scene, Limbaugh had realized this was not quite right. Almost every candidate had run to Trump’s right, and all of them had failed. Limbaugh himself no longer cared. In 2016, he explained away the candidate’s many ideological deviations, after having expelled previous Republicans for far smaller transgressions. Buckley-ite dogma could not be the essence of conservative and Republican belief: “If it were, if conservatism — this is the big shock — if conservatism were the glue, the belief and understanding of deep but commonly understood conservative principles, if that’s what defined people as conservative and was the glue that made the conservative movement a big movement, then Trump would have no chance.”

What, then, was the glue? It was simple: “The thing that’s in front of everybody’s face and it’s apparently so hard to believe, it’s this united, virulent opposition to the left and the Democrat Party and Barack Obama.”

Limbaugh, like Trump, understood the party’s id years before its putative leaders grasped it. They had the same feel for the conservative audience and nearly the same message to capture it. They were almost the same person. Perhaps the only only salient difference between the two men’s careers is that Limbaugh found his place sooner than Trump, at a time when a bellicose misogynist could find a valued position in the party but not as its presidential candidate. That had become a possibility by the time Trump found his way to conservatism as a viable exclusive brand.

2 Likes

Glad he’s dead, hope it was super painful and terrifying.

6 Likes

I have to say all this celebration of a man’s death is quite disgusting. Are you seriously not thinking of the poor man’s family and what they must… nah just kidding fuck that ■■■■ lmao.

10 Likes

A part of me is sad that he doesn’t leave behind a larger collection of loved ones who can be triggered by people dancing on his grave.

1 Like

Has to be some recency bias. At his broadest Limbaugh held a lot more influence and sway anx pushed more horribleness to more people than Hannity ever has.

1 Like