Bump this thread when terrible famous people die

I always felt like there was a subtext to the movie that was “this is how Americans you look down upon live and look how disgusting it is”.

That fries and sodas etc consumed without moderation are bad for you was not news to anyone who watches documentaries.

My grade 3 teacher was so against soft drinks she had a class experiment where we put a few screws and nails in a 2L bottle of coca cola and waited a week and they had been completely dissolved.

I took this information and increased my intake of cola while also adding screws and nails to my diet.

12 Likes

Visited my friend in optometry school in Chicago in the heart of the Projects and we went to a nearby grocery store for beer and I saw what looked to be a 400lb woman with a grocery cart full of only soft drinks and twinkies, and all those hostess desert cake items. I assumed that was their entire diet.

1 Like

For a long time, McDonalds got singled out as a kind of stand-in for the problems with fast-food in general. They were under extra scrutiny than Wendy’s so they had increased pressure to make their fries healthier and introduce salads and stuff. Which is not to say we should feel bad for the McDonalds corporation, obv.

I completely believed the movie, and felt really betrayed when I found out he was just a raging alcoholic the whole time.

He also had a show that was like the intelligent, sensitive, normal person version of Wife Swap. You got to see how non-insane people from different walks of life reacted to living for a few weeks in each other’s household. I found it really interesting.

But of course it couldn’t hold a candle to the crazy screaming church lady, and died after one season I think. Americans do not wanna see normal people working things out over bottom 1% psychos screaming at each other in a room.

Isn’t that like having the healthiest cigarette in the biz?

W.h.o.c.a.r.e.s?

No one. That was my point

1 Like

Genovese mobster ‘Tony Cakes’ ID’d as NYC pedestrian, 86, decapitated by DOT truck

It was La Crossing Nostra.

The 86-year-old man who was decapitated by a truck that plowed into him at a Brooklyn crosswalk is a former acting captain for the Genovese crime family, The Post can exclusively reveal.

Anthony Conigliaro — a one-time mafioso known as “Tony Cakes,” “Tony the Dessert Man,” among other dessert-themed sobriquets — died June 12 in an accidental hit by a city Department of Transportation truck, his lawyers and law-enforcement sources said.

“He spent his life looking over his shoulder but he forgot to look both ways before crossing the street,” one police source said

3 Likes

Man, I’m so morbidly curious how he got that nickname.

2 Likes

“I’m walking here!”

5 Likes

https://x.com/janecoaston/status/1804291423338123283

6 Likes

4 Likes

I feel like some “source” trolled the shit out of this reporter

RIP Lenny. Not a bastard, not a cop

Oh yea that’s Tony… uh… Gelato

5 Likes

Remember in the old neighborhood, the moms would call out “Tony Oatmeal Cream Pie” or “Tony Freeze Pop”

3 Likes

Oh you remember ole Tony Swiss Cake Roll!

1 Like

Tony Corn Pop was trouble.

1 Like

I thought that every crew actually had a “Joey Bag of Donuts.”