Bump this thread when terrible famous people die

In addition to being a parody of a previous event, part of the humor comes from the incongruity of someone making a serious statement at a comedy awards show.
Instead of Norm saying a few funny things of his own, you have a straight-laced individual saying things that aren’t jokes, something that deviates so wildly from expectations. The longer it goes and the more obvious that there is no punchline, the funnier it is.

I didn’t think the bit was funny and Norm def had a touch of the culture wars in him, but, man, it’s eyeroll-worthy or something, not “terrible famous people”.

1 Like

You must be right and I usually get dry humor, dark humor, and inane humor with no punchlines. Even humor that makes fun of tragedies. But I can’t find the humor in pointing out the plight of Native Americans having their land stolen from them only to be heinously slaughtered afterwards and then cutting away to people laughing upon hearing those facts. I didn’t get it and thought I’d ask. It must be me. I’ll move on

No one said it was funny. But that’s what norm does.

It’s like 10th level stuff going on for the reasons mentioned above. He’s mocking all of his fellow comedians/actors and they know it.

It’s supposed to be uncomfortable

Or like the time he “roasted” Bob S. He didn’t want to. So he bombed on purpose. Yeah it’s dumb but he’s just norm being norm

I don’t think anyone has anything bad to say about norm except maybe his ex wives or bookies

1 Like

Off topic but one of my fav norm jokes. Talking to Dave L

Yeah we have joint custody. Some months I get him for 2 days and the wife 29

Some I get 2 days and the wife 28

Some I get 2 days and the wife 26

February is the worst

2 Likes

This is bad.

On top of his legendary career and being a good dude, he was an excellent poker player.

8 Likes

Fuck. Legendary twoplustwoer.

1 Like

Only 61. Damn, way too young.

what

albini was a 2+2er???

dlks9 is in this preview from 2p2 BBV4L thread. Weird.

4 Likes

Yeah. electrical on 2p2

1 Like

Yeah, I had a couple brief DM’s with him on 2+2, basically just congratulating him on his bracelet and that Sonic Highways show.

That sucks. He was awesome.

Ugh, this one is a gut punch. I’ve long been a fan of that man and his work. That 2+2 thread is legendary.

Recorded some of my favorite albums, and won WSOP in HORSE and stud. Impressive guy.

“Amid all of his ongoing work, Albini was a remarkable poker player. In 2022, he won a World Series of Poker gold bracelet after beating 773 other players in the $1,500 entry H.O.R.S.E. competition for a huge prize of $196,089. While most players dressed in button-up shirts and plain tees, Albini wore a furry, white hat shaped like a bear and a red Jack O’ Nuts shirt, saying the Athens noise-rock musicians “bring me luck.” He won another WSOP gold bracelet in 2018 for beating 310 players in seven card stud to the tune of $105,629. Back then, he was wearing a Cocaine Piss shirt during the big win. He had a massive grin on his face in the photos documenting both wins.”

https://twitter.com/corsent/status/1788247938155630954?t=9Jz0k_p2ZCcFnCJxNjeDjg&s=19

3 Likes

https://medium.com/@MoonMetropolis/now-that-steve-albini-is-dead-lets-reflect-on-his-admitted-love-and-promotion-of-child-fadf5072288e

3 Likes

9 Likes

Yikes

1 Like

@otatop , move all the Albini stuff to the dead assholes thread.

1 Like