Bump This Thread When Jimmy Carter Outlives Someone Nonterrible

Jimmy’s been in hospice for, what, like 6 months, though? He’s an incredibly tough motherfucker.

Huh? The lunar lander fit 2 men. The 3rd stayed in orbit.

1 Like

Absolutely, but the number of spouses who lose the other in hospice and then continue living a while has to be incredibly low. People who are together that long kind of just natually fade away together within a few days. I doubt he will feel there is much left to fight for with her gone.

A lot of people probably think thats morbid, but I find it one of the sweeter things about lifelong loves.

3 Likes

Yeah, I’ve heard it too, and while it wouldn’t surprise me, if Carter were a mere mortal he’d have died like 20 years ago.

Happened to my grandparents. Grandma went and grandpa followed a few months later.

Few months seems a lot more likely than a few days

I would agree if he hasnt been in hospice so long

Should note that my grandparents were in an ALF.

Happened in The Notebook. All the evidence I need

3 Likes

When my mom died my dad went into a non communicative state and died 30 days later. Was really weird.

1 Like

When my mom (70) died my dad (74) moved, got a girlfriend, and began traveling.

He’s 88 now and still going strong!

18 Likes

when mine died, dad (69) said that he was going to travel, but then ended up a complete hermit, in a deep depression, and actively sabotaging the family.

2 Likes

I’m not sure if my dad’s blossoming after my mom’s passing says more about him or her, but it’s definitely both. She was a difficult woman, that’s for sure. And my dad is just the salt of the earth.

2 Likes

My Grandmom’s dog died the day after my Grandmom did. Those two kept each other alive for quite a bit.

7 Likes
1 Like

Former First Lady Rosalynn Carter passed away four days ago.

She was buried in the plot next to your pony

13 Likes

Unlikely, since I had my pony cremated.

2 Likes

Former Friends Actor Matthew Perry passed away 28 days ago.

10 Likes

Former British PM William Pitt the Younger died 217 years ago.

5 Likes