Bump This Thread When Jimmy Carter Outlives Someone Nonterrible

I’m not really a fan of their music (just not my style, though I still like it fine), but I think the Foo Fighters have done something right if Paul McCartney inducted them into the Rock and Roll HOF.

The band members seem like cool guys from interviews I’ve heard.

Dave Grohl’s appearance on Hot Ones is my favorite episode of that show.

2 Likes

I don’t exactly understand it myself. All the other songs people are mentioning in here just sound like meh generic rock songs to me, but Everlong is the GOAT.

monkey wrench is another song that holds up.

imho their upcoming disco album is going to be great.

that’s a great song, probably because i keep picking up random two bars of ratm, blur, and half a dozen other 90s riffs. but it’s not a medley, it’s a legit its own song.

1 Like

I think it’s because you apparently love Everlong SO much that none of their other songs can ever measure up.

1 Like

Everlong definitely an A+ song but don’t sleep on The Pretender

1 Like

Guys, stop trying to make the pretender happen. It’s really not good.

I think its somewhat true that Everlong is better than their other songs, their albums aren’t top tier but they obviously have a ton of other radio hits that got a ton of play time.

Another artist I’d put in a similar bucket that also headlines festivals is the Yeah Yeah Yeahs. Maps is just way better than their other songs.

But Heads Will Roll is such an elite song. I would say Yeah Yeah Yeahs > Foo fighters, even though that would go against the conventional opinion.

Take the L man

Pretender is amazing

4 Likes

I’d agree with that. Never had YYYs play here, Foo had just scheduled a show.

Was surprised how much radio/TV play It’s Blitz got in general, 2010 was such an elite rock/alt music year.

I thibk youre wrong about the one hit wonder thing but right on with Everlong.

Also, one of the top 5 music videos of all time as well.

Man I think it’s fringe top 5 FF music videos. Learn to Fly on the other hand…

8 Likes

Aw dammit that sucks

Oh holy shit, thats so good. I actually saw that on first run and nearly fucking died.

1 Like

Effff. I was wondering why his podcast was repeats recently. I was unaware of his condition.

https://twitter.com/people/status/1514000463724744717?s=21&t=fcUG3gYOwPdVN6zmBPy_Xg

One of the funniest roast bits I’ve ever seen.

1 Like

Same here. I just thought he was skinny.