Bump This Thread When Jimmy Carter Outlives Someone Nonterrible

Her politics back in the day seem fine for the most part tbh. She certainly used to be more progressive than the average Dem. What people have a problem with is this:

and this:

I personally think those are valid criticisms. However as far as US politicians from the 70-80s go she was probably in the top 10-20 percentile.

5 Likes

Fuck everyone who defends this arrogant asshole. Iā€™m glad sheā€™s dead.

10 Likes

Wut? They are complaining about her hugging Lindsey Graham and sticking around decades too long. But thatā€™s as much the fault as the voters, her family, her friends, the CA Dems, the national Dems, her staff and her campaign staff.

2 Likes

I mean donā€™t you think her being completely senile is part of whatā€™s going on here? I doubt in her prime she responds that way.

3 Likes

She should have retired a decade ago, same with RBG, same with Biden, same with Jesse Helms. Doesnā€™t negate her accomplishments though.

1 Like

Donā€™t blame me, I voted for De Leon! Who it turns out is a bit of a shitbag himself so :man_shrugging:

I do think that the systems and people that kept her in place looooooong after her sell-by date deserve a ton of blame.

2 Likes

In RBGā€™s case, it absolutely does to some extent.

7 Likes

My dad was his true self all the way through alzheimers. I pity the bag of bones that we saw there, but it was her adulterated self imo.

Not at all the experience I had when my grandmother went through Alzheimer.

1 Like

Itā€™s entirely possible he was so toxic when he had a few marbles left that thereā€™d be no way to know the difference between that state and complete incompetence.

Fucking Curt Schilling killed him

2 Likes

I thought he is a cancer, not that he caused others to get cancer. But I like blaming him.

Did Helms get better or worse due to senility?

https://twitter.com/RachelBitecofer/status/1708669404123377742

Iā€™m not sure how it applies to 90 year old ghouls who rejuvenate on the blood of orphans, but part of an aging population is more people being old and frail

Back in the day Iā€™m guessing a bunch of the hard smokers and drinkers died at 60, but had most of their facilities until that point.

1 Like
1 Like

Man what a baller.

Real ballers spend their golden years using their wealth to open multiple fake universities to fleece rubes.

1 Like