Bump This Thread When Jimmy Carter Outlives Someone Nonterrible

On NCIS, a character asked what McCallum’s character looked like when he was younger and was told “Ilya Kuryakin”.

He had been making sporadic NCIS appearances remotely, so he’d clearly been limited. Linda Hunt wasn’t even able to make an appearance on NCIS: Los Angeles, only being able to do a voice-over, so that’s someone else whose age and health are concerning.

1 Like

I think she was in a car accident a few years back.

She came back from that, but she disappeared again due to COVID precautions and has made only a few appearances since. I think I read a report that she wasn’t healthy enough to appear in person for the series finale, not even some sort of taped appearance.

https://twitter.com/MikeBeauvais/status/1706441312910639292?t=kkh2_8_Zc9EpNCcUCXhaow&s=19

5 Likes

Did it end? We stopped watching a few years ago.

Yes, NCIS:LA ended this year. The mothership is still going on. Hawai’i enters it third season. And Sydney debuts in November.

What about New Orleans?

That’s been over for a few years.

When I was a kid, my family and I liked to go to baseball card shows and there was usually a player signing autographs. We had always heard that Brooks Robinson was one of the nicest guys around and sure enough, even with how in demand he was, he was great.

3 Likes

My dad was a Mets fan but he played third base as a kid in baseball and used to model his defense after Brooks Robinson.

1 Like

9 Likes

I’ve never seen those movies either Michael.

1 Like

Between this, the Swift/Kelce stuff and the rest of the internet, people really need to improve their awareness of how isolated their media silo is.

1 Like

Chrissy doesn’t watch movies made for 98 pound weaklings

He’s too busy rewatching american dad

1 Like
  1. He was just a kid.
2 Likes

RIP Sycamore Gap Tree

Also RIP Bob Sheridan

Legendary boxing announcer. Called pretty much every major Mike Tyson fight.

1 Like
2 Likes

People may complain because she worked to win within the system, but that’s by far the most effective to achieve lasting progress. There has been a lot of progress thanks to her efforts.

1 Like