Bump This Thread When Jimmy Carter Outlives Someone Nonterrible

I would have bet large sums that Funk was already dead.

I saw him wrestle live several times when I was a wee lad, back when my pop used to work as a cameraman for one of the local territories.

Which territory? Was he an employee of the local TV station who the territory used for a studio show?

The tv station. This was back in the 70s. I will have to look up the name but I know it used to be owned by Ron and Robert Fuller (the territory, not the station). A bunch of ā€œbefore they wereā€ and ā€œalmostā€ famous guys came through there: Terry ā€œThe Hulkā€ Boulder, the Funks, the Andersons, the Freebirds, the Armstrongs, the Von Erichs, Austin Idol, Junkyard Dog, Bruiser Brody, etc, plus lots of Atlanta guys who resurfaced later in WCW/WWF.

1 Like

Continental something or other

The Fullers did own Continental Championship Wrestling (not to be confused with Jerry Jarrettā€™s Memphis-based Continental Wrestling Association), but it was called Southeastern Championship Wrestling until the mid-80s.

1 Like

Thatā€™s the one (the first one)

Hmmm. A bit of a creeper but awesome for pets.

Tossing him here for now. 99.

IMG_8127

5 Likes

Damn R.I.P.

He was close to 100 without going over.

33 Likes

Spay and neuter your vets

2 Likes

Son of a bitch. Obviously knew it was coming any time but he is the progenitor of my lifelong love of game shows. RIP to the GOAT

4 Likes

Damn. Bob Barker was on every ā€œhome sick from schoolā€ Gen X kidā€™s TV. Itā€™s like a part of my childhood, gone.

17 Likes

Best to ever do it. I spent many a sick childhood morning watching Bob. (So did my pony.)

6 Likes

@bestof

1 Like

The Vanna White episode is funny. She spends the whole time looking to her left and Bob finally calls her out for looking at herself in the monitor and not paying attention to the game. That said, it was probably her big break.

RIP Arleen Sorkin, the original voice behind Harley Quinn on Batman: The Animated Series.

3 Likes

My mom said that when I was a toddler and she needed to do stuff around the house, she could plop me in front of the TV and Iā€™d watch Sesame Street, Mister Rogers, and The Price is Right and Iā€™d be just fine.

Incredible how her voice acting defined the whole character. Damn, Sorkin/Conroy/Hamill were an unbelivable combo, makes me want to replay the Arkham games again.

I feel that one of the benefits of watching the Price is Right when I stayed home sick from school is that it grounded me. As an adult, I donā€™t have the first fucking clue what I should be paying for a box of Rice A Roni.

6 Likes

Price is Right, Get Smart, I Dream of Jeannie. Ginger ale and chicken noodle soup with crackers.

There are probably people posting here who never had a TV with dials.

7 Likes