Boredsocial for mod: First step, ban [redacted] [UNDRAFTED] and the girl reading this

I mean, I suppose we could institute a mod draft, but that seems to go against every principle we try to follow here.

Also, volunteers tend to do a better job than conscripts. That goes for anything.

2 Likes

I donā€™t want to be a mod. Or was this not directed at me?

Yeah, I meant contribute their time whether admin or mod, Sky is an excellent poster (for a shitlib, lol), I didnā€™t realize she was a mod.

3 Likes

thatā€™s why i tend to lurk and stay out of things :slight_smile:

iā€™m only here to read about politics, i donā€™t even notice much else.

this place is amazing as far as being an aggregator for political news with a liberal view. amazing. whatever you guys are doing is working so just keep doing that.

8 Likes

You have a poor sarcasm detector and/or havenā€™t seen Team America, World Police I gather.

Need a +Million for this post. Like I lurk a lot and canā€™t comprehend what happened with ā€˜cuse, Marty, jalfrezi, fidgetuk etcā€¦We need a beer summit.

B.S. is a hot head with poor judgment. I will not recognize any authority he claims to have over my posting.

8 Likes

iā€™m still not sure lol. i just know his name changed and a couple posts were taken down, i assume the ones with his picture.

i remember wondering who TF would consider doxxing that cat, he basically WAS the forum there for a couple weeks during the run-up to the election. at least in the threads i liked to keep up with. and i canā€™t think of anything controversial that he said, at least to anyone that would be reading it on this site.

2 Likes

thereā€™s probably close to zero appetite for this atm, but when things calm down I think weā€™d do well to come up with a procedure for the temp-mod thing bc begging for volunteers to replace those who donā€™t seem to want to leave isnā€™t working. But if a rule is in place that mods are only for 6 months (or something) then someone else rotates in, we can ask for volunteers but nominations as well are certainly going to be needed.

Making it clear that the gig is temporary seems paramount tho. Thinking back at smacc, Iā€™m not sure why he resigned, but he was an excellent mod and was a perfect example of how mod rotation can be done without any drama.

4 Likes

Instead of forcing people to be mods, I propose coming up with a system of randomly selecting qualified posters for the purpose of asking them if they are willing to volunteer to be a moderator. If they decline, move on to the next person.

1 Like

Another poster cuse almost got banned by threatening to quit the forum. I mean, I like cuse but come on bros.

Iā€™m probably wrong about this, but I think if we have mods cycling through, some of them being lax, some of them being strict, the whole modding thing would be less of a big deal and people would freak out less because they were told ā€œbe niceā€ or had to stay off the site for part of a day.

1 Like

No way!

1 Like

So, from the progression I remember, he wanted BruceZ banned for violent posts or something and threatened to leave the forum, and then also BruceZā€™s posts possibly ruining his political career. Now, he has to defend himself to the last post or self ban to stop posting. Just sayinā€™.

3 Likes

You see how impossible it is for everyone to think youā€™re consistent. Like I know I didnā€™t try to unfairly mod CW and jman, yet here I am. And I know you arenā€™t out to get people from the other side of the Atlantic, and yet here you are.

4 Likes

The feds were watching this page because of BruceZ!

4 Likes

Forgot about that

Youā€™re probably wrong. People tend to pick the results they want firstā€“I shouldnā€™t be banned, those people who are not me deserve to be bannedā€“then backfill the reasoning to get to their desired destination. LOL if you think only conservatives do that.

4 Likes

Actually in my experience as a mod and with other mods you tend to give too much leeway to people you think should be banned a lot because you donā€™t want to be accused of being biased and banning them just because you donā€™t like them.

1 Like

Abstaining. Do whatever you want.

Iā€™m done posting in the Green category for awhile unless thereā€™s something about festive hats.

Iā€™ll be spending all of my UP time in the Blue, Red, Orange and Purple categories.

4 Likes