Boredsocial for mod: First step, ban [redacted] [UNDRAFTED] and the girl reading this

Boredsocial has requested that I mod him. I can not do that, but then he asked that I make this thread (I asked him if he wanted me to). I support his bid for mod and will vote that way. If the objection is that we have too many mods, I’ll resign. I know this all seems childish, and is, but whatever, I really think any reg should have a chance to mod and he wants it.

Boredsocial for mod?

• yes
  • no

0 voters

the dude that expressed a interest in drone striking Assange and Glen Greenwald if he ever became President? I’m sure he’ll do fine with mod powers

6 Likes

Please to be making bored social a mod.

Doesn’t seem like you like democracy bro.

quite the knee-slapper

I’ll vote yes if you will set the filter to change all occurrences of this word to “peurile”

Is there an option to get both of you?

This is a fair point, we should probably have @zikzak uninstall the discourse drone-strike module before BS gets sworn in

4 Likes

May I ask the unspoken nayers to explain their position? No worries if you prefer not.

1 Like

:). At least I wasn’t being a mountebank!

1 Like

My general position is that any reg here would be fine as a mod, which would include BS

4 Likes

? Both of us as mods? I didn’t resign, just offered to if the objection was too many mods. Looks like there’s no objection. I am only a temporary mod either way though. 3-6 months. Not that it’s not a lot of fun, but I’m thinking more like 3 than 6 (if I make it that long!).

1 Like
5 Likes

I would vote yes only if he replaced one of the two oldest mods.

Is this the usual process for someone becoming a mod?

I became a mod once on 2+2 by making a thread where i promised to give everyone unspecified awesome things and then failed to do so. This process seems better.

6 Likes

I’m not sure we’ve had a legitimate volunteer before that actually stepped up and said “i want to be a mod” (as opposed to, “I’ll do it if we need people”).

3 Likes

I’m not objecting to the vote or process I just don’t recall this happening for other mods. It’s possible I missed it.

Aw man, I forgot to take away your gadgets. I’m sorry man. Shawshank was on and well.

1 Like

Right, sorry. I want u to stay. But I understand you, like Zikzak wanna spend more time with your families (or books or tools or mistresses).

1 Like