Biggest Assholes of All Time Draft

All in with GG Allin.

So, Reagan.

I was surprised at the tepid response — Reagan was chiefly responsible for many of the ills in society we rail against on this very forum. Foremost among them:

1. Union-busting. Despite spending years with the Screen Actors Guild, and professing to be in favour of the right to unionize, Reagan kicked off an as-yet uninterrupted erosion in the power of organized labour when he fired striking air traffic controllers outright. This unprecedented act of dismissing skilled union workers over a labour dispute showed the private sector that, hey, we should probably start doing that too! The drastic slide in union membership and the draconian “Right to Work” laws had their genesis here.

2. Reaganomics. Reagan had been preaching this garbage since the fifties, when he signed a million-dollar contract and lamented how little of the money he got to keep, as well as pointing to his actor friends who weren’t motivated to make more than a movie or two a year because of the high tax rates in the largest income bracket. Somebody, think of the millionaires! Somehow, he managed to con the entire Republican Party into thinking this was a good idea, with huge tax cuts and massive deficits becoming SOP for any incoming R government.

3. ”The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, ‘I’m from the government, and I’m here to help.’” Again, something Reagan had been advocating long before he became president — he fostered his own deep distrust of government in the American people starting with his support of [redacted] in 1964 and outspoken criticism of “socialized medicine” (sound familiar?) and continuing through his run as governor of California and early shots at the presidency. He was fervently anti-regulation, made cuts to important social programs like Medicaid and food stamps, and generally laid the groundwork for the dismantling of effective governance under the right. All the selfish cries of “MUH FREEDUMZ” we hear today, as well as people like Paul Ryan’s desire to drown the government in a bathtub, are echoes of Reagan’s deeply destructive rhetoric and policies.

I could go on!

• Though he was sceptical of the committee itself, he worked with the FBI to pass names of suspected Communists to the House Un-American Activities Committee.
  • As governor of California, anti-big gubmint Ronnie worked with the feds again to violently put down student uprisings at Berkeley. (Look up Bloody Thursday.)
  • He frequently catered to racists in his campaigning (See: Starting his 1980 campaign in Starkville, MS with a “states’ rights” message; “Welfare queens”; vetoing an anti-apartheid bill).
  • He had no problems supporting brutal dictators (Saddam Hussein chief among them, along with many, many undrafteds).
  • He ignored the AIDS epidemic, only the biggest public health crisis of his presidency, due to latent right-wing homophobia.

And, last but not least, I feel like his election pretty much set the foundation for electing the blithering idiot currently parked in front of a TV in the White House residence.

Yes, I feel very ok with this pick.

15 Likes

Is this still a thing?

@smrk4

I’m not participating in this, but I’d like to nominate Ashli Babbit.

4 Likes

FU and your faster pony. I was just coming to post that yesterday brought a new eligible.

:cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

Current draft

TrueNorth took Reagan.

TY I will revise.

Motherfucker

1 Like

Picks

1. Isaac Franklin & John Armfield (US slave traders)

2. Ayn Rand

@FuncrusherPlus I think you’re next

I took lee atwater in the 3rd or 4th round.

1 Like

Can more than one person be a pick?

Asking because it definitely would’ve changed my picks.

Not sure, they were like a tag team of evil, like if all the guys from the Legion of Doom are dead assholes, I’d allow it. We can ask for a ruling.

TY. Sorry, all these assholes start to look the same after a while.

I’ll make a ruling if you’ll clarify whether you want to retroactively apply this to previous picks or you’re just asking for final shots.

I don’t want to break anything, so it’s no big deal. They were a notorious 19th century slave trading duo, hard to rank one as worse than the other and they sort of complete each other, so I thought it was within the spirit of the thread to take them as one pick.

Let’s say you get a bonus 6th round where you can select multiple people at once.

But I wouldn’t smite anyone who decided to pick a group of people before then. Though I might call you an asshole!

Fine. I pick Tamerlane at 40. He was a big fan of Ghengis Khan. Killed over 15 million people during his conquests in the 14th century. Did some real deal genocide of Nestorian Christians. Built mountains out of the skulls of his enemies. Edgar Allen Poe wrote a weird poem about him. The end.

4 Likes

And at 41 I’m picking Ayn Rand. Virtually every Dunning Kruger moron liberterianbro you’d pay your hard earned fiat money to punch in the face has read (or pretends to have read) this contemptible hack as a teenager; an insufferable Titan* of tedious prose and poster child for aggressively gatekeeping who does not get to call themselves a “philosopher”.

* Please clap

12 Likes