Biden thread III: Still Robinette after all these years

OK. But what if he borrows money on unfavorable terms because there’s a gun to his head–still his fault? And if he says no, how far do we have to go down the scale of consent before it becomes his fault? None of these decisions happen in a vacuum and it’s stupid to ignore external pressures.

It’s amazing you all think PPP loans is something poor people favored even though they couldn’t access them.

What? Who indicated we think poor people were in favor of PPP loans?

Well technically, they were supposed to save jobs and avoid layoffs. Of course, it didn’t work out that way and wound up benefitting companies more. But I can see how poorer workers favored them at one point

Madmen Not Great Bob GIF - Madmen Not Great Bob Not Good GIFs

Fair enough. Like you said, at least he’s consistent

Well, he’d probably laugh and say, who put a gun to their heads

On a side note, how important do you think college degrees are now anyway? I’m hearing they are becoming less and less important. I have a buddy with a degree in computer science and he says his company couldn’t care less about college when they hire. They give you a test and if you pass it, they hire you. I wonder if more and more companies are the same way? I do think my degree helped me get an interview, but it’s not like I need it to do my job

Is a college degree becoming less important? And I have to admit, I don’t get the comment above about people who get some obscure degree complaining about not finding a good paying job. We still have to use common sense, right? Pretty sure my parents wouldn’t have helped me with college if I went that route

The college degree mostly matters because it proves that you can stick with something non-trivial for 4ish years and finish it. That is something that a significant number of people simply can’t do. So if you have a ton of resumes to sort through, it’s a very convenient and useful filter.

this is Fox News’ top story right now… a murder that happened a week ago. they have probably ran no less than 15 stories about this already. so even though the statistics say that immigrants commit crimes at a lower rate than the general population, half the country now believes that illegal immigrants are crossing the border with the sole purpose of hunting down white sorority girls.

2 Likes

When it comes to hiring it is experience before degrees. But if you have multiple candidates with similar experience then the ones without degrees get dropped first until you get to an amount you are willing to actually interview. At least that is my experience working with recruiters.

1 Like

Future story: Biden loss blamed on middle class angry over rising cost of Starbucks coffee

https://twitter.com/POTUS/status/1762844167988826534?t=U4gU7xra9h7rQmDk2Os-9w&s=19

1 Like

1 Like

Gaetz! Look at me. Look at me. I’m the inquisitor now.

8 Likes

mandated in part by funding provided through Democrats’ Inflation Reduction Act passed into law in 2022 and a directive from Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen to IRS leadership not to increase audit rates on people making less than $400,000 a year annually.

2 Likes

:coolbiden:

1 Like

They needed that special directive to start going after people they already know are wealthy and that they know haven’t been filing anything at all? Alright, fine, if that’s what it takes

1 Like

This is wild. I didn’t even know non-filing was a thing. Are these people solely earning and investing in their own businesses with nothing reported to the IRS? Or are there 1099’s and stuff being reported to the IRS and people are getting away with just not paying known owed taxes?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2024/02/29/ukraine-support-alabama-political-divide/

Cindy Prylinski was finishing her front-desk shift and thinking, as she often did, about her 30-year-old daughter who lives hundreds of miles away in a much bigger city.

She didn’t like strangers knowing which city. She worried about someone targeting her daughter, hurting her daughter.

“This country doesn’t feel safe anymore,” she said as her clients streamed out of a ballet barre class.

No one she knew had been targeted or hurt, but coverage of the southern border was spooking her. Prylinski, 64, pictured unvetted folks slipping into Texas with drugs and guns and making their way to God knows where.

Terrified for her 30-year-old daughter on the mean streets of Birmingham or whereever.

WAAF

They didn’t have the staffing before.