Biden thread III: Still Robinette after all these years

Me, a stupid person: if you make >$400k and don’t file, the IRS automatically goes after you, surely this gets flagged in the system!

It’s fucking enraging man, I had to dig up receipts from like 4 years ago for 2k of HSA expenses, fuck off with cheating working.

2 Likes

Also, lol sending letters. Send them to jail cells.

1 Like
1 Like

The IRS simply doesn’t have the resources to go after people, so an astonishing number of people straight up don’t file. Yes, it is absurd.

Reminds me of my in law’s warning us about our trip to New York City so I looked up their city’s crime rate, and it was higher than NYCs

2 Likes

1099/W2 income not matching up are usually the first things the IRS goes after because they are the easiest to detect, I would guess most of these are people who work for themselves and don’t receive traditional 1099/W2 forms. These people would be more costly to go after which is why the irs was not previously doing it

1 Like

it’s not non-filing, but i listened to a legal professional podcast a few years ago during the trump admin, and the guy was saying he had 7-10 clients that all owed more than 1 million each on tax violations and his advice to them was to never pay it and wait out the SoL because the IRS was just never going to be able to fund going after them.

Wealthy being between 35k and 65k a year.

I have known or known of multiple people who didn’t file for years. Usually you end up just having to pay them back as they have a penalty forgiveness for first time offenders.

You are better off not paying your taxes rather than filing fraudently, the later which. Could land you in prison. It’s all more complicated than that, but for the average person they can get away for years without filing.

Of course these are w2 employees who are paying some taxes at least.

12 Likes

https://x.com/ettingermentum/status/1764688793993613791?s=46

:person_facepalming:

1 Like

I mean, he’s right.

2 Likes

Because he’s Catholic and somehow has made it as a politician who doesn’t seem to lie all that much.

This is a legit elite answer for a plurality of the electorate. It’s absurd to criticize it.

1 Like

Dude voted against national protection for Roe v. Wade back in the 80s I’m pretty sure.

I disagree but I just don’t think you lose anything by going my body my choice full on freedom, you can easily just say I believe in freedom and that includes women’s freedom with their bodies but I get that he’s catholic I suppose

Other joe thing

https://x.com/atrupar/status/1764703629846397297?s=46

1 Like

I don’t believe in my body my choice when it comes to vaccines.

1 Like

Wait till Elon’s implants get rolling then we’ll see how much choice we have in the situation.

Of course I don’t either