Biden thread III: Still Robinette after all these years

There’s plenty of media-magnified nonsense about Trump too, remember like a year or so into his term when supposed experts were posting long convincing Twitter threads highlighting the way he walked and his issues with stairs, and talking about how they were all indicators of a certain type of dementia and other disorders that were going to leave him drooling in a hospital bed by the end of his term? People ate it up on here. Meanwhile, six years later, the fucking asshole is still golfing 18 holes every other day when he’s not in court.

I’m excited by the potential idea of him falling apart in the next 11 months, but I’ll believe it when I see it.

4 Likes

or how when he leans forward to talk into microphones it means some degenerative brain disease. he just doesn’t want to get his dick close to all that electronic equipment. he wants to avoid dick cancer. that’s actually really smart.

11 Likes

Idk kinda feels more like 2020 when Joe waxed the incumbent.

Only now he is the incumbent running against the same guy he already waxed.

1 Like

Ahh yes the election Grandpa Joe “waxed” Trump so hard it took a week to even declare a winner.

We’re still declaring the winner.

2 Likes

I haven’t looked at real data, but just by feels

1. I think it depends a bit on who ultimately runs and whether they get on the ballot everywhere or just in certain states. For example, Larry Hogan might have a slightly different voter profile than Joe Mancin.

2. Regardless of who the actual candidate is, a third party probably hurts Biden more than Trump. Even if they try to hit both Trump and Biden, a third party run is fundamentally making a case that the system is broken and needs to be shaken up. If people buy into that basic message, I think that hurts Biden more than Trump (who is still seen as an outsider and a potential change agent). Also, the No Labels candidate provides an alternative path for people who hate Trump (and would never vote for him) but not actively enthused by Biden (and I think there are more of those voters than people who are lukewarm towards Trump but feel compelled to vote for him solely because they hate Biden)

Fyp

2 Likes

Trying to understand the full details of the program gives me a headache, but good news for those who qualify.

A new student loan forgiveness policy is starting sooner than expected : NPR.

1 Like

Brag: I just paid off my student loans. :tada: Decided to trudge through it since they were earning interest again.

I’m obviously expecting wider forgiveness to come soon.

16 Likes

I like to shit on Biden a lot but continuing to do what they can with student loans/ACA improvements is a lot better than nothing.

1 Like

Quite a bit of what he’s done falls in that “a lot better than nothing” range IMO. Problem is none of it is really interesting or sexy to voters, and Democrats are doing a terrible job of playing up any accomplishments anyway.

2 Likes

Not to mention you have to account every day.

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/01/12/nyregion/payton-gendron-buffalo-death-penalty.html

Don’t know why NYTime links don’t have preview any more

Article is about feds seeking death penalty for Buffalo mass shooter

Sure, but do any of these countries really matter?

https://x.com/DavidCayJ/status/1745626547069870084?s=20

Not in preview: UK, South Korea, Japan, and Greece.

1 Like

The fact that the rest of the world hates Trump is a feature, not a bug. His supporters love this. It’s a global version of owning the libs.

2 Likes

Factoid: Survey from 2021.

Also part of the feature set is that (I assume) the spread goes the other way in Russia, China, Iran, North Korea, Hungary, and a few other places.

Most of the data is from 2020 but changes in favorability are relatively small over the term of an administration compared to when the party in power changes.

source

Yes you will get a letter next week that confirms that you would have been excused for the last 10k or 20k or whatever.

But thanks for playing!

My wife has two graduate degrees. We are on pace for spring 2025. If we weren’t earning more in interest then she is paying on the last tranche we would have accelerated more.

1 Like

This should settle it:

3 Likes