Biden thread III: Still Robinette after all these years

This is a good metaphor for how stupid the economic indicators are that you Biden stans use. Whatā€™s hilarious is that you clearly know of other indicators, because Iā€™ve seen you use them when it suits you.

Like it was 20 years ago when most of you participated in 2p2 discussions about the problems with basic stuff like the unemployment number, and Iā€™m sure that wasnā€™t even the first time you shameless fucks had learned about it.

Also itā€™s pretty funny, because a lot of you shitbirds do believe crime is up, not ā€œunder Bidenā€ but compared to when you were younger. Suzzer himself is constantly talking about the crime ridden hellhole he supposedly lives in.

The Unemployment Rate is always going to be a lot better information than Facebook induced feels.

This is the key point these days. 20 years ago it was possible to have a mainstream political debate about whether any particular economic indicator was the best possible indicator for making public policy decisions, even if everyone agreed it is a useful but flawed metric. In 2023 a mainstream political debate is about whether or not the CPI is a lie spread by Globalist Jews that are trying to replace white people with minorities, or is it a useful but flawed metric. Once somebody is outraged about the CPI figure or the employment figure or the crime rate or any other attempt to meaure anything, thereā€™s no practical value to the discussion.

2 Likes

Meh, I mostly donā€™t like the racehorse aspect of the numbers. Month to month blips happen all the time. Got to be patient to see the real trends.

(And heā€™s obviously some things donā€™t measure what the common meaning is, but at least the long term trends are meaningful).

Labor participation is up which to me means more than the raw unemployment rate.

Also think how an economy is doing compared to peer countries is important. Canā€™t expect a country to be too serious a positive outlier (much more likely to see some specific reason for a negative one-off).

Lol, what? I seriously doubt that more than 5% here think this.

It is in Detroit, apparently.

Youā€™re right. My auntā€™s ā€œI donā€™t care what the stock market did, I know that our restaurant was empty under Obama and packed under Trumpā€ take holds a lot more water than those fancy mumbo jumbo numbers.

Redondo Beach? What in the hell are you talking about?

1 Like

Yeah, there are fewer people to murder in these Rust Belt cities with so many people leaving.

Weā€™ve (all of us Biden stans here on UP) all seen your posts denigrating Redondo Beach, donā€™t play coy. ā€œThereā€™s nothing like that in my post historyā€ you might be tempted to say but we all know the real truth. /s

All crime is local.

fantastic
https://x.com/FLOTUS/status/1735074586721468855?s=20

But MANY people are saying itā€™s ā€œutterly tacky, tasteless, and ANTI Christmas."

I actually kind of love this boilerplate fox news template: ā€œ{democrat} roasted on social media for {innocuous action}!!ā€

2 Likes

biden ROASTED on social media for pardoning turkey: ā€œDISGRACEFULā€

4 Likes

Gas prices have dropped. They needed to find something new to bitch about this week.

3 Likes

3 Likes

Disapproval is the new about right. Or maybe it always was.