Biden thread III: Still Robinette after all these years

Agree that Biden should announce his decision the same way as LBJ - which I assume means busting out of the bathroom with his dick in his hands (didn’t read the article).

6 Likes

20240722_143803

1 Like

Just like Andropov in the 80s.

So they want Biden to resign and then accept the party’s nomination?

1 Like

Thanks to Glenn’s take I think was wrong of LBJ to announce he wouldn’t seek reelection via televised address and he should have just tweeted it out like Biden.

3 Likes
1 Like

https://x.com/CheyenneHuntCA/status/1815900714360816003

5 Likes

I haven’t watched him speak in quite a while. This is hard to watch.

Camera angle is not good

Yeah. Pretty clear that the awful debate performance wasn’t a one off bad night. I’m still enthusiastic about him stepping down, but I can’t help being super pissed at his staff. They had to have known that he wasn’t in shape for another term, and they covered it up.

8 Likes

We’re leading the world again in chips and salsa.

2 Likes

Joe sounds like he’s about to have a “rosebud” moment

The substance of this speech is fine, everything I expected.

The delivery is major cringe. It took too long to get here, but it’s good that we finally arrived. Not a moment too soon.

There’s lots of work to do.

1 Like

Yeah I was afraid he was going to stop speaking and just stare blankly at the screen with his mouth agape.

It looked like 100% of his focus was needed to simply read the prompter.

1 Like

My uncle got some kind of rapid-onset dementia. He went from a little forgetful to dead in about 7 years, with it really accelerating the last 2-3 years. Biden could be progressing rapidly. If we never see him after the election we’ll know why.

Hope his family realizes he made the right choice.

Hoping to see/hear very little from Biden over these next 4 months, it seems like any press he is going to generate is only going to be negative.

This guy has to lead the most powerful nation on earth for 6 more months. Yikes.

1 Like

If my Dad was an indicator, he pretty much had his full mental faculties until he had the stroke that led to death within 5 months.

But ther last few years, if he had even a cold, there was noticeable slippage in executive function and communication. But he would recover. He even recovered pretty well from the stroke for a few weeks before the final decline.

So he might rally, but if he’s losing brain cells then he won’t or not for long.