Biden thread III: Still Robinette after all these years

I had a similar 4D chess thought. They waited till now because switching now creates major ratings buzz for the convention and new candidate, and GOP has less time to attack the new person.

Iā€™ll be ecstatic if they do this. Iā€™m really worried about Harris being the nominee. Sheā€™s better than Biden, sure, but sheā€™s still an awful candidate and this election is way too important to be running a dud when there are some actually good options available.

At least give other people a chance and if theyā€™re too stupid and chickenshit to run and America whirlpools into fascism then welp at least we tried.

3 Likes

iā€™m honestly not even sure sheā€™s a better candidate than biden. But she totally might be. She might be the best! So prove it. I donā€™t agree that in this case thereā€™s more value to a fast/clean decision as opposed to a longer sloppier one. Itā€™s already sloppy. And if the candidate is kamala tomorrow then many low-info voters are going to be left thinking huh? Make all candidates sign a pledge to back the nominee then figure it out at the convention with a goal of striding out of chicago with the party united behind a champion. Theyā€™ll have millions of eyeballs on that and theyā€™ll end with the shared goal of defeating trump and weā€™ll all feel invested. And it seems all the FEC campaign money warchest questions can be worked around too.

at this point if biden still ends up being the candidate then it will be even more surprising to me than when the cubs won game seven. I will vanish into infinity stone vapor

3 Likes

I totally read the second line like it was going to rhyme.

pleasantly surprised that clyburn endorsed my neurosis

that works!

5 Likes

Wait, why is my post in here? I was one of the few people around here who said Biden shouldnā€™t debate Trump?

A few did, I assumed he was just quoting all the posts

2 Likes

Nice try Biden. Found your gimmick account just in time.

6 Likes

Biden folks gave a list of ā€œsuggestedā€ questions to an interviewer. Radio station has now fired the host. This was the interview where he gave the quote about the first black female President, so he even fumbled the canned questions.

https://www.politico.com/news/2024/07/07/radio-station-parts-ways-biden-interviewer-00166736

3 Likes

Sorry, this is just Ben Garrison propaganda

Parkinsonā€™s would explain a lot. My uncle has it. I can tell heā€™s still all there, but his input/output is a struggle.

It is worth noting the articles make it sound this guy was visiting whitehouse during past presidencies as well so while certainly possible Biden has a condition this seems like kind of a dirty article to publish if Iā€™m understanding the frequency of his White House visits historically

Records from the Obama administration, when Mr. Biden was vice president, show that Dr. Cannard made 10 visits in 2012 plus a family tour; four visits in 2013; and one in 2014. Records could not be immediately found online for 2015 or 2016. Mr. Trump rescinded Mr. Obamaā€™s voluntary White House visitors disclosure policy, so records are not available for his four years in office.

1 Like

Working hard until 8pm! Thank you!

LOLā€¦the S&P 500 finished today +0.1%

Any article on indexes moving less than 1% are garbage. I guess if there was a big swing during the day, but otherwise just ā€œwe gotta write somethingā€.

Wtf, who writes this stuff?

3 Likes

I mean, they write an article at the end of literally every trading day. They arenā€™t trying to make an 0.1% move into a big deal.

S&P at an all-time-high, thatā€™s the kind of thing the Dems could work into their messaging if they werenā€™t too busy defending Bidenā€™s metal capacity.

2 Likes

Some or all may find this offensive. But itā€™s so damn funny.

Stefanopoulos Interview

(Re)watching LOTR with my fiancĆ©e, who has somehow never seen them, and we got to the LOTR2 side plot with the old ass Rohan king and our first thought was ā€œhey itā€™s Joe Bidenā€ :harold:

13 Likes

Hunter better watch his ass around his old man.

1 Like