Biden thread III: Still Robinette after all these years

As always, it’s OK if you’re a Republican.

1 Like

The Israel support is the fringe no? Seems like Biden should be doing thing differently

https://x.com/heerjeet/status/1788408607228223753?s=46

Honestly I was surprised that was true. Reagan apparently held up F16s twice

I can understand someone viewing Biden as some sort of formal cooperation with evil. That falls apart, though, if you vote for someone like Trump who be more evil.

1 Like

biden administration is more efficient evil with less resistance than Trump administration

1 Like

@MimosaDef is “get off your floor” an expression? Like get off your ass or out of your mom’s basement? What does ir mean? Typo or autocorrect?

1 Like

Dem in white house means the executive branch has no hard or soft power over abortion or anything else you care about

GOP in White House means you blame actual dem pres voters for taking skydiver8’s rights away

1 Like

I look forward to y’all pretending once more to care about kids in cages

4 Likes

Horseshoe theory in action right here

I dont like Biden and understand your point but I think most people here of all stripes are doing roughly the same thing about kids in cages as they did under Trump. Which is to say nothing. It isn’t like voicing displeasure on the internet does anything.

1 Like

The problem is that the left isn’t going to pivot to being vocal Biden supporters because they got a concession. As long as the war goes on, the left will be mad at Biden about it, and if the war ends, they’ll move on to being mad at Biden about climate or unemployment or inflation or whatever else.

I actually don’t think Biden’s move here is to placate the left (because he knows the left cannot be placated). He’s chasing centrist opinion, which is becoming increasingly disgusted with Netanyahu.

3 Likes

Maybe he was trying to see if he could get a better deal from the Iranians.

2 Likes

Exactly. Biden doing anything morally informed about Israel will just result in campuses being occupied for some other cause the left decided to get mad about to annoy bobman. Just like they were occupied in 2023 for some prior reason.

The Dems need to learn from the GOP and refuse to give their base anything they’re fired up about. That’s why the GOP has been successful: denial of satisfaction to their extremists.

Centrists can be placated. They famously only care about a couple things at most, and understand that pobody’s nerfect. Whereas the left exists to be mad. The point of being a leftist is to scream that things aren’t perfect. It’s absolutely not true that there’s multiple fronts of massive injustice and looming disaster. That’s not a plausible reading of circumstances

5 Likes

It so weird thinking back a few years to when I was making the case in too many posts that you have to support dems.

The crazy thing is while your right wing is among the worst in the democratic world this is also true of your “left wing”.

That’s the problem.

I’m not talking about in this thread; I mean in general.

You should be annoyed with both of:

• People who won’t vote for Biden solely because of Israel/Gaza
  • People who wouldn’t vote for Biden if he suddenly took the leftist position on Israel/Gaza

So Biden shouldn’t do the right thing because people will be mad at other things where leadership is not doing the right thing?

5 Likes

Right, the far left has exactly one play in the playbook and it doesn’t include any kind of rational collective action to achieve their self-proclaimed policy goals.

Its every bit as performative and childish, though admittedly more intellectually sophisticated and morally superior, as the MTG faction on the right.

It’s amazing how you all slurp up right wing talking points about the left.

5 Likes

This is hilarious. Excluding the fact that you couldn’t possibly define “far left” here, protests on college campuses is literally an example from this week of a rational collective action that, in some cases, has achieved one of their self-proclaimed policy goals (divestment)

3 Likes

What school divested?