Biden thread III: Still Robinette after all these years

i look forward to your expose. please put any documents onto my discord.

Lmao

In a hilarious coincidence, today is your lucky day because Joe said it himself

“Civilians have been killed in Gaza as a consequence of those bombs and other ways in which they go after population centers,” Biden said during a CNN interview when asked whether the 2,000-pound bombs sent to Israel have killed civilians.

It’s been talked about by other organizations but maybe now you’ll believe it since it came from St. Joe himself and the almighty mainstream news

And this is interesting because we get to test the very hypothetical I posed above! Will the administration talking about Israel using US-made weapons to kill Palestinian civilians result in a change in public opinion? Let’s find out

(Sorry, ikes and chesspain, that you had to find out this way that Joe is also anti-Semitic. Bummer that you still have to vote for him, rules are rules after all)

4 Likes

And the activists are trying to do that no? And you’re bitching about it no?

Hokie appreciate you in this thread

1 Like

IIRC wookie supports the protests as protests but draws the line at threatening not to vote for Biden. Which makes the protests just seem a little performative if that’s the case.

2 Likes

I was away working, but thanks for assuming bullshit about me. I’ve been working on campaigns long enough to understand that the vast majority of people don’t volunteer or donate to any political candidate, and I don’t expect them to. I wish they would, but I also understand how the world works.

Honestly, if you don’t live in a swing state, abstain away! Just promise me you’ll vote for all of your local races. If you do live in a swing state, then the most I can ask of anyone here is to vote for Biden. It’s not marriage, it’s chess.

If you want to volunteer or donate, great. Honestly, I’d rather you volunteer or donate to a school board or city council candidate, because your time and money will go MUCH further there.

4 Likes

This statement acknowledges a contingent of people who would switch their vote or stay home if Biden were to pivot tomorrow and take the more leftist position on Israel/Gaza.

You should be just as pissed at them as you are with the leftist groups you’re criticizing now.

Why? They aren’t in this thread trolling about voting for Trump or not voting for Biden. At least if they selfishly argued that Biden should pander to them they’d be right though.

Oh and to add to that, I don’t think many of the leftists agitating for more drastic measures would actually vote for Biden if Biden took them. They’d find something else, claim moral superiority, and hope their ideology rises from the ashes.

It must be nice to create an unfalsifiable image of “many of” the people advocating for change, despite being presented with examples of some that have already signaled that they’ll vote for Biden anyways. In case you also ignored those parts of my posts, I’ll make it clear that I’m referring to myself.

And for those who won’t change their vote, why should they? If Biden’s actions are so unforgivable to them why should they be expected to vote for him? Does that somehow negate their protest?

Feels like a sea change in US/Israeli relations, not sure any president in my lifetime would have even threatened to withhold weapons like this. US is in the dubious position of airlifting aid over our own allies, the 30-and-under crowd is completely breaking rank, the center cannot hold.

1 Like

Again, I already said I support the protests. I support their message, and I support their work to sway both politicians and public opinion.

The question was about who’s to blame in a narrow election loss, a fringe group that wouldn’t join the coalition or the coalition that wouldn’t court the fringe. Given the nature of democracy, I posit that the fringe is more to blame in that case due to their failure to have swayed public opinion.

2 Likes

Im not quite sure I understand your point, but

If your kneejerk response to

Insert cartoonishly evil thing Israel is doing

is to assume it’s some kind of conspiracy instead of well established, then maybe you need to reconsider how you consume media on this conflict

The Biden verse is cringe as fuck. It’s self aggrandizement over substance.

1 Like

Eh, it’s okay by Macklemore standards, and it’s not like he had a tone of time to polish it.

I think that is right and I think as little as the admin has done, it’s more than anyone would have reasonably expected and I think more than any other Dem would have done - certainly more than first term Obama. Maybe second term Obama would have done similar.

3 Likes

If the civilized world is really civilized, they’ll look at what has happened in Israel and AI targeting will become recognized as a war crime. It’s a big part of why this war is a couple orders of magnitude different than anything Israel has done in the last 50 years.

Civilized world is not really civilized though and

1 Like

Apparently Reagan did, multiple times

Protests are not performative if you still vote for Biden over the guy who promises to be worse. Of course not. Maybe they didn’t work, or didn’t work enough and/or yet, but that’s not because I think they were performative or insincere. Sometimes, you do the best you can, and you lose, even if your cause is just and righteous. Do you flip over the table when you lose a board game? I mean, I hope not. I don’t support burning society to the ground if we lose on an issue, either. I’d rather keep working and keep trying, and I’d rather do that from the position of status quo rather than setting myself back decades and having to re-win things that had already been hard-fought wins.

2 Likes