Biden thread III: Still Robinette after all these years

Was dumb w Hillary in 16, was dumb in 20 and it’s dumb now. These protest votes can only be characterized as cutting off one’s nose to spite your face.

2 Likes

You don’t absolve yourself by not voting or voting for a third party.

1 Like

I haven’t voted yet since moving to Pittsburgh, but in November I’m pulling the lever for Trump

3 Likes

Question here - what if I vote for Biden but otherwise don’t participate in the election in any material way? FTR I don’t know if I will vote for him, but its a safe bet that I wont write any checks or knock on any doors on his behalf. Is that acceptable or am I still irresponsibly complicit in a prospective second Trump term?

This is what I don’t understand about those who have drawn their line on genocide. Trump is guaranteed to be much worse on this issue. So ignore the million other paper cuts he will inflict, just on this issue alone you are supporting genocide. You can’t escape reality by throwing up your hands and say I didn’t vote. Actions have consequences. Actions of not voting for Biden is potentially trump winning again and making things much worse for Palestinians. That is the bottom line.

6 Likes

Voting for Biden is the minimum thing you can do. FWIW I do think we all have a responsibility to do more than that, but it’s much harder to judge than people who won’t do the absolute bare minimum.

Don’t let the perfect be the enemy of the good.

jan 6 was less than four years ago.
dobbs took away abortion rights from millions of women less than two years ago.
just this week, in an effort to be chosen by trmp, a republican governor bragged about shooting dogs.

doesn’t sound like nothingness to me.

the majority already think the war in gaza is bad and was started with a horrific attack by hamas.

2 Likes

I mean, this is true, but the statement that the arms industry stands to profit from further armed conflict in the area is also true and not anti-Semitic.

do you think he’s just sitting on this evidence? like at least half of us intelligence is staring at computer screens all day, watching israel’s every move, in daily contact with the idf about their actions, producing reports about who was targeted and how many civilians weren’t able to evacuate. and joe biden is just refusing to make it public?

Define sitting on it? It seems the evidence exists and has led to a temporary pause in arms shipment (which is a good thing) but I’m not seeing any public statements specifically calling it out or chastising Israel. Just typical “we have concerns” blah blah

and we’ve come full circle, it’s overlapping turtles all the way down.

1 Like

It’s also not what was said

OK ikes, let’s look at what was said. Could my language have been more precise? Apparently yes. But if you actually think I’m anti-Semitic because of this comment, you’re an idiot, and if you don’t think I’m anti-Semitic but decided to claim that I am anyways, you’re just a troll looking to pick fights.

2 Likes

donald_trump-president_trump-trump_supporter-maga-racist-politics-NB900056_low

1 Like

i described what would constitute “sitting on evidence”. i do not think it should not be okay for a president to take a nyt article and go around converting citizens to build a majority. he has way better intelligence from agencies that are worth trillions. anything he says must alredy carry the burden of proof.

And they’d never, ever mislead politicians or push politicians to mislead the public

bold theory. so is the military deceiving biden, who in turn is deceiving us? or are they in a conspiracy together?

I feel like the person whose position is “the intel agencies wouldn’t lie to us” is actually the one advancing a bold theory but hey maybe it’s me

And to be clear I’m not even advancing that as a conspiracy theory I’m just baffled that you legitimately think that the fucking US intelligence agencies are worthy of trust and are appealing to their authority here. Find a different argument.

1 Like

My face when someone says “trust the intel agencies”

1 Like