Biden thread III: Still Robinette after all these years

Interesting.

Nah dems won 30s by 11 and late 20s by 32

Not sure if I qualify as a young voter but those polls make no sense. I’m extremely unhappy and disappointed in Biden, but I’d stick my nuts in a beehive to vote Biden over Trump

Settle down Beavis

1 Like

I still think it’s more likely than not the Biden coalition comes home. Trump is his own worst enemy and once people see him again his numbers will suffer.

2 Likes

The polls are not correct, but don’t forget that racist trumpy parents overwhelmingly produce racist trumpy kids.

Some will escape but simply being young is not a cloak of protection against indoctrination.

3 Likes

Individually no. On average yes.

Whether or not the kids of Trumpy parents turn into Trumpers has to be much more a function of their social circle than their parents.

I would wager that the biggest factor is whether the kid stays in their hometown vs. if they move away to a bigger city and make a new group of friends there.

I think you’re mostly right, but it really depends on the level of indoctrination they get. For example, noted transphobe Korbin Albert’s social circle was presumably female soccer players and she lives in Paris right now (at least during the season), so definitely checks the “move away to a bigger city” box, but it doesn’t seem like all of that overcame her upbringing.

What’s the deciding factor in that happening? It doesnt seem like money, totally. You could have access to money and want to stay.

Ambition I guess, wanting something more. I don’t think it’s money since usually you’ll be poor for a while after moving to a bigger, more expensive city.

https://twitter.com/TrumpsTaxes/status/1779311460247650603

Why hasn’t Biden stopped this? Fuck it, I’m voting for Trump. Things can’t get any worse.

3 Likes

I’m not a virologist and common sense tells me this is gonna be a stupid question, but as long as I’m vaccinated against those diseases, why should I care if you are? Here’s my uneducated guess to answer my own question…

Because as unvaccinated people transfer the disease among themselves back and forth, it gives it a chance to mutate over time into new variants that the original vaccination won’t prevent. Am I close?

It’s herd immunity. People who can’t be vaccinated (too young, immunocompromised, things of that nature) rely on all of the people who can be vaccinated getting the shot to keep the virus from spreading.

Your answer is probably not wrong, but is perhaps only a minor consideration in most cases.

What True North said is better.

In addition, the vaccine is not 100% effective. So even if you got it, it may not have worked for you. In that case, you are protected by those around you not having it.

Truth be told, all of the above are relatively small considerations, but they are not nothing (especially what True North said). The issue mainly comes up with kids. They don’t choose to go unvaccinated. Their idiot parents choose it for them. They are being placed at risk through no fault of their own. That is a big problem.

1 Like

But they also are potential carriers of the idiot gene.

I don’t mind adult idiots hurting themselves. I am opposed to them hurting other innocent idiots or innocent non-idiots for that matter.

Sometimes, it’s for the greater good.

Tell us you only care about yourself without telling us you only care about yourself.

Of course your future child may not be able to be vaxxed. You may become immunocompromised. But those should be minor considerations compared to the common good.

Also from a virology point of view, many of the scourges are very stable. Measles, polio, smallpox. So that is also a more minor issue. I think it turned out in COVID that some or most?? Of the major mutations occurred in people that couldn’t clear the virus, leading to mutation and selection within an individual.

The bill of rights are as much as preventing your selfish needs and priorities being imposed on others (via “democracy” in the form of the state) as some abstract state. In our system the state is other people.