Betting on Politics: Predictit is NOT Dead

The person who can’t afford to lose is Biden, or WAAF.

(but yes good advice)

try these

correct

The contract that resolves to Yes shall be that which identifies the degree to which the difference between the percentage of votes cast in the 2020 U.S. presidential election for Donald Trump and the percentage of votes cast for Joe Biden shall diverge from the projected difference displayed in the national polling data summary number on National : President: general election Polls | FiveThirtyEight (the “Settlement Source”) published at 11:59 p.m. (ET) on November 2, 2020.

Contracts are to be understood to mean that the candidate named in the contract has overperformed the expectation of the Settlement Source by the amount indicated, not that the candidate has won the popular vote by that amount. For example, if the Settlement Source projects a margin of victory for Joe Biden of 5.2% and Mr. Biden should instead win the popular vote by 3.7%, the contract that resolves to Yes shall be “Trump by 1% - 2%”.

1 Like

Fine, I’m feeling rich after MNF, I can punt a little on TX +235.

it seems like they just bounced slightly from a potential bottom

Picked up 476 shares at .63 on SC primary winner, so $300.

UP is going to have mid 6 figures on the election by the time it’s called. Where are we all going if we lose?

3 Likes

Some of these are fish bets, in that they are by no means optimal, but will make for a nice sweat.

(It looks like I lost $100 on pres, but that reflects like $150 I bet on Warren a year ago and haven’t sold.)

1 Like

I got woman veep at 0.63, that has to be a steal. I mean, right?

Well, I’ve studied this election pretty thoroughly for months and I think anything under .80, probably .85, is a solid price.

2 Likes

If I lose these, the lost money is the least of our problems (other than the senate bet)

2 Likes
3 Likes

Az is .52.

1 Like

Arizona is a coin toss now and, Lord Jesus, this graph. The volume.

Untitled

1 Like

What time do results start coming in tomorrow?

HOLY FUCK

Got 220 Trump NO AZ at .49.

My Biden bets were suboptimal because they mostly should have been Trump NO bets.

Odds we are the suckers and smart money is coming in?

1 Like

We’ll start getting real results at like 8pm EST, though most of FL closes at 7pm EST.

The smart money isn’t coming on predictit. If it was moving huge on other sites, maybe. But we’ve had so many people vote already we know a lot more than 2016.

2 Likes