Betting on Politics: Predictit is NOT Dead

Anyone have thoughts on the individual state MOV bets on Bovada? It’s low max bet stuff, but it seems like there should be value.

Is littering a federal crime? You can’t just toss old laptops everywhere like this.

3 Likes

Just dropped 20K aud (14K ish USD) on Biden to win, will probably have 5-10 more in other bets.

8 Likes

It’s most everywhere else’s lines + added juice both directions, not much value there sadly. I’m sure there’s some that are better than say predictit after fees though but I ain’t gonna look.

Took a flier on Texas +275. I think Biden loses more often than not but that price relative to polling and early voting data seems pretty good.

This play has everything going against it: history, demographics, GOP gonna rig the fuck out of things if needed, and most importantly it’s got a Riverman post taking a side.

There is only one way this can end.

1 Like

Texas seems harder to rig then most red states. I’m considering making a large wager on it as well.

Narrator: It wasn’t

That number on TX is good. Variance is super high though from narrow dem win to whatever the heck.

I’ll put this here to not scare the POTUS bowl peeps but I found something even worse than the Riverman curse.

https://mobile.twitter.com/adanthar/status/1322532943642984450

3 Likes

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

2 Likes

I’m sorry now I feel bad

1 Like

I have TX as tilt R now that I have to PICK A SIDE. Better than +275 odds.

Taking GA under 6 GOP at 87 on PI. Would be fairly shocked if this lost. It was 5 four years ago.

NC predictit market is super tilting, periodically goes as high as 53 R on nothing then usually recovers to 52-55 D

ya, put $60 on TX. kinda regret it, but not too much.

PI just blew up/didn’t return shit when going to it, its going to be a massive cluster. TBH I have no faith they’ll a) not only be able to handle traffic at all and b) pay out at the end of this. Can’t say I’d recommend putting any more $ into it .

1 Like

I can’t think of anyone so confidently wrong last time around than Adanthar.

1 Like

Why would this be a problem? Do they not segregate the funds?

1 Like

2 Likes

Counting their fees and all the $ that just got poured in–it’s really hard to believe they won’t be able to pay out at least immediately for most except maybe the biggest of players on the site.