Bailout / Stimulus Discussion (Hints Missed & Shartz Fired)

In my case, they cashed my 2019 check but never processed the return.

2 Likes

Anyone have luck with the IRS check my stimulus tool? It’s not recognizing my information and I’m typing it in while looking at my 2019 return.

Doctors qualifying for stimmy ITT?

2 Likes

Sure. Just claw it back in taxes after the fact.

Thought it was down til Monday?

Has anyone heard anything about a tool that will let you adjust your 2021 estimated income down to allow you to claim the monthly child tax credit? I thought I read that somewhere but can’t find it. My wife cashed out a retirement account in 2020 (from moving jobs), which drove her income up for the year by nearly 60 percent over what it normally is. If they base the child tax credit payments on 20 we’re going to phase out.

For what it’s worth, I assume they have your 2019 laying around somewhere and will get to it.

Were you filing this through software? Usually this just means you are not up to date or your software isnt

This phase out is so fucking stupid. The marginal tax rate on income from $150k - $160k is >100%.

1 Like

This doesn’t answer your question but just curious why she didn’t roll it over into an IRA to avoid taxes and penalties?

Did you or your wife either have a confirmed case of Covid or have a change in income due to Covid in 2020? If so, you can spread out a 401K withdrawal that occurred in 2020 over three years. The form is 8915-E

When I check the status of my refund, I get a message saying there’s no record of my return. WTF?

When did you file? Theres about 9 million returns from 2/12-2/16 that are in some weird IRS limbo.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2021/03/12/irs-tax-refund-delays/

Feb 15th. Before it would just say it’s processing. Now it says there’s no record of my return being filed.

Still no info for me on the get my payment tool. Anyone else having that problem?

Yup, you’re kinda fucked. If there is a silver lining its that seeing a change is at least something.

Does yours now show this as of Friday?

My total shot in the dark guess is that things are moving but slowly. A lot of 2/12ers got resolution on Friday, and we are all part of a group that updates only once a week, so don’t expect anything to happen until Friday at the earliest.

When did you file 2020?

I haven’t because I won’t qualify for anything under 2020. I will qualify for 2.8k under 2019.

Hmmm, sounds like it should be showing on the tool. Did you receive stimmy 2?