Bailout / Stimulus Discussion (Hints Missed & Shartz Fired)

So I got a letter from the treasury department saying I get a 2nd stimulus check for 600 because my EIP2 whatever that is.

So don’t have a deposit for 600. Anyone know what that is

I think EIP2 is shorthand for the second stimulus payment

Which one? Shouldn’t I be getting 1400? Why would I get 2nd 600. I already got the first 600 and the 1200

Sounds like they fucked up… or they sent you a letter saying you’re getting the 600 (the second stimulus) like 4 months after you already received it. I know some people who filed 2019 late are just getting those notices

2 Likes

I will literally murder all of you if we get another extended tax season

It’s been tax season for fucking 15 months in a row

1 Like

Pretty sure that’s a letter about the 600 back at start of the year. Nothing to do w the upcoming 1400.

1 Like

I received a letter telling me about the $600 the week after I received the check.

Lmao months later wtf

Oh I know. I am living the forever tax season.

Welcome to Donald J. Trump’s world.

1 Like

Seems unlikely they formed a letter, mailed it and had it delivered in less than 24 hours.

UNLESS Biden is the GOAT and has all parts of the government humming at hyper efficiency.

#Biden2024

Those are just informational letters for your records.

I filed and mailed in 2017 and 2018 returns for a client last September. They are still not processed…

You will definitely have to amend to account for the unemployment exception once the IRS creates the proper forms and procedures to treat that income as non-taxable.

Huh. It seems like the IRS could simply modify your return to reflect the change.

Heck back in the Stone Age (1980s) we qualified for the earned income credit but did not claim it and they did the adjustment and mailed us a check. I was doing my return by hand then.

This happened to me btw. Came in weeks later

Do you travel to the US a lot? If you don’t you can just tell them to fuck off and never file anything. They can’t touch your Canadian assets and it’s not like they’re going to extradite you for not filing a tax return.

Well in that case I hope you get all your stimulus payments so you can use their money to renounce your citizenship.

The whole thing is complete bullshit to screw over regular people. The billionaires doing the actual tax fraud just laugh and hide their assets some other way.

I don’t know if I’d ever formally renounce, but it’s my intention to eventually just fall off the grid from the US point of view. AMA about opening a Canadian bank account without showing US person indicia so as to avoid FATCA reporting requirements*.

*I haven’t actually done this, but I can tell you how

That sucks. I have similar problem. Not only did I not receive second stimulus but I can’t receive targeted sba small business advance without having my 2019 taxes filed. They haven’t received my 2019 taxes and so now I have to e-file. The only way to e file a 2019 tax return is to have a professional tax place do it for you. So I’m basically going to have to pay 600 minimum to have them e file my taxes that are already completed.