Bailout / Stimulus Discussion (Hints Missed & Shartz Fired)

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/1313510118437392384?s=21

A FEW MOMENTS LATER

Welp. I was wrong. FML. There’s every incentive to get a deal done and cruelty won out instead.

1 Like

I wouldn’t assume that Trump doesn’t abruptly take the deal tomorrow morning after watching what just happened. Remember the guy is flying by the seat of his pants entirely.

The thing that’s going to decide it is how he reacts to all this polling. Either he’s going to get scared and try to change course (the easiest first step is definitely to just say yes to the deal) or he’s going to get even more angry at the American people and dig his heels in. No idea which one will win the day. Probably spite lol.

4 Likes

He’s a narcissist, he’s probably going to punish us for the polls.

4 Likes

Less than a month from election day he can be as petty as he wants to the voters as far as I’m concerned. Right now the only thing that matters is the prize: a landslide victory that gives us a strong senate majority, a strong house majority, and the best political mandate in living memory. Yes better than Reagans.

The end of this insanely toxic stall meta we’ve been in for decades now.

5 Likes

I have similar thoughts about him reversing course. He likes to fix problems that he created.

I don’t think it happens here because of Nancy. She has to be sick of pounding her head against the wall on this. Now Donnie is laying the blame at her feet. Unless Trump comes all the way up to 2.4 I don’t see Nancy agreeing to it. And to do that all they need to do is vote on the Dem bill in the senate which is something I dont see them doing.

1 Like

Futures down another 250 thanks to corporal hissyfit

There is a chance we hit the first futures circuit breaker since late March tonight imo.

There are after hours circuit breakers?

Dems gonna win 57 senate seats, large house majority, and the presidency in a MASSIVE landslide.

Then refuse to nuke the filibuster and not pass shit.

13 Likes

Yes. I think they stop futures at -5%

1 Like

-4(or maybe riverman is right and it is -5)% on futures trips it. We hit it 4-5 times at the beginning of covid.

1 Like

Any chance Trump tried to get Mitch to just agree to Dem terms but add in a bigger stimulus and Mitch told him to fuck off and the dems had to come down?

This seems like the biggest slam dunk campaigning opportunity for Dems ever - we take the senate and we pass massive stimulus day 1

3 Likes

no

This seems like an appropriate time to say:

We motherfucking told you so.

1 Like

It was Mitch.

https://twitter.com/jstein_wapo/status/1313607518585786368?s=21

The Senate was never passing anything reasonable, if anything at all.

The Senate could easily pass something if Mitch were willing to rely on D votes.

Yes, and? He’s not.