Bailout / Stimulus Discussion (Hints Missed & Shartz Fired)

Anyone got a line on the student loan forgiveness stuff? I’m in a super weird spot right now with my loans and relief would change if I get refinanced now.

(I got fed loans still, paying 0 on 0% until dec 31st at least, but rates are so insanely low right now)

I think the right call is to just wait until the dust clears. Interest rates are going to stay where they are for some time.

1 Like

Yeah honestly what happened to all the unemployed before who lost their stimulus? Why did we not see mass evictions?

My friends have been lucky and relying on family to help them but I know theres no way most people have that kind of support.

I’m not really sure tbh. I’m sure some people have been seriously negatively affected. I also don’t think landlords have much of an incentive to do mass evictions right now either. Who will replace the tenants?

Also from a bargaining power standpoint the Dems are really in the drivers seat. The polling has to be scaring the shit out of Trump and the Republicans. I think there is a very real chance they end up doing a deal around 2T which would be a major win both for the Dems and the American people.

CDC issued their moratorium on evictions for health reasons and then most states have extended their eviction moratoriums.

If there are states without a moratorium then evictions are likely happening and you just aren’t hearing about them.

Landlords would absolutely rather have their non-paying tenants gone so it can be ready to rent when they find a tenant (plenty of people moving right now anyway). But most places they still can’t.

I also think the courts are backlogged to process the evictions.

I dunno. I have had a few people I know tell me that their landlords are working with them to pay reduced rent rather than evict them. I realize that is anecdotal and also not the same as just paying nothing also though.

1 Like

Whatever is happening I’m super glad we aren’t getting mass suffering and are on track to get a great bill passed.

I’m not so sure it’ll be a win for dems politically, I think Repubs will message better and it’ll help Trump overall, but fuck it, it’s worth it to help people and Biden crushing so hard right now I’m not even worried about it helping him a little.

By the time its passed and actually into the hands of anybody it will be the first of November. Way too late to leverage anything vote wise imo

1 Like

I dunno I feel they will still blast that Trump is saving them and they’re getting Trump checks etc. That shit fools a lot of rubes. Social media had a ton of people talking about Trump giving them the stimulus like he paid with his own money lololol.

I mean if they didn’t think it would help Trump and Republicans no way they’d be trying to pass it.

Yeah definitely don’t refinance with a private lender when you could consolidate with the government. You want to owe the government so that if/when forgiveness comes you’re safe. I’ve been paying minimums or in forbearance since 2014 and have absolutely no intention of paying a significant fraction of it back. The goal is to pay the minimum to not have it cause a negative credit report.

2 Likes

So my circumstances are strange. I made not a ton in 2019, then my income jumped a huge amount this summer, so 2020 is going to be about half that half the smaller income. So there’s basically zero chance I’ll qualify for anything if they use 2021 numbers. There’s a chance I qualify if they use 2020 depending on what the phaseout is in Biden’s plan. 100% will qualify if they use 2019.

Really want something good passed this fall so I can use my 2019 AGI

1 Like

I’ve yet to run the numbers on this but if you make enough paying the least amount involves paying it quickly, depending on your income. That’s another thing I gotta figure out.

Yes… and no pslf doesn’t make sense for me. Not very common for my specialty to work directly for a hospital. Involves a huge paycut generally when you do.

https://twitter.com/morningmoneyben/status/1311819199564611584?s=21

He’s an idiot?

3 Likes

Because he doesn’t care about people

And he’s not strategic enough or smart enough to realize how much it would have helped him

2 Likes

Then what’s Mitch’s problem?

Right. People keep assuming his naked racism is part of a plan. It isn’t. He’s just talking to himself. He IS the base.

3 Likes

Pure evil? You don’t think Mitch gets off on how evil he is? Dont @ me Clovis.

1 Like