Bailout / Stimulus Discussion (Hints Missed & Shartz Fired)

Reminder that this was completely unnecessary, easily avoidable, and the very very very beginning of what’s now way too late to stop.

1 Like

You left out that it was McConnell and Trump’s fault. Nice try though.

If the Dems passed the GOP bill it would just have happened in early December or early January instead of now, in larger numbers, and continued indefinitely with a Trump win - which would have been more likely.

Got an email about my student loan forgiveness continuing. That was nice

It’s being repeated over and over again. I hope she gets help too, but so many don’t.

It seemed like he was doing that job alone which shouldn’t be possible. He should be followed by legions of protesters everywhere he goes. And, quite frankly, people should shoot him when he comes to their house and then the whole neighborhood should show up with guns so the cops have no idea who did it.

The cops should have to get out the riot shields for every single eviction they’re doing.

1 Like

Agreed

https://twitter.com/CalOrganize/status/1301664548928122885?s=20

1 Like

Pelosi sucks

She agreed to fund govt without covid help to avoid shutdown.

There goes the only leverage we had to help people.

We’re now live for absolutely max carnage under her strategy. You can’t comprehend my anger, but maybe there’s something going on behind the scenes we don’t know about. Yeah, right.

1 Like

They aren’t going to convict anyone of perjury as it relates to this. My honest advice is to perjure away. Especially if you live in Milwaukee.

Paging @simplicitus

Mark this down as another take that was horribly wrong lol.

Nancy fucking sucks.

2 Likes

Maybe if Stonks continue to tank hard Republicans will actually come to the table to negotiate? I feel like if tomorrow is a huge bloodbath and we get a -2,000 day, Republicans will rush to get stimulus as the market tanking is the one thing they give a fuck about.

Futures are somehow up 200 points

Well boys and girls at least we know who plays Lucy, it’s fucking Pelosi…

1 Like

Chuck and Nancy ultimately caving and getting nothing is basically this century’s death and taxes. Hey at least they got something! Imagine how much suffering a shutdown would cause!

1 Like

Good news, the checks are in the mail!

In Austria

Apparently a bunch of random Austrians got the 1,200$ cheques sent to them. They were able to also cash them in, it’s unknown why they got them (one dude was working in the US for two years, but his wife, who’s never been there, also got one): Haven’t found a English source yet: Etliche Österreicher finden US-Schecks in Postkästen - oe24.at

If he filed US taxes while working here for 2018 or 2019 he would get a check

Presented without comment:

Because if there is one thing we have learned over the past decade, it’s that Mitch McConnel is the poster boy for truth telling

2 Likes

Things that happened:

• The highest profile newspaper wrote an article.
  • Pelosi said a targeted deal would be piecemeal.
  • Postal Service thing happened, which was clearly piecemeal.
  • The lack of a deal of any type has taken Americans’ health and economic security hostage, even though Mitch didn’t frame it that way.

Things that didn’t happen:

• Any kind of additional aid to struggling people from Congress
  • A return comment from either Pelosi or Schumer

Things that will happen:

Mitch will be perceived to be right even though he’s lying about the actual negotiation process. That’s because Pelosi and Schumer didn’t comment. He said their actions ‘suggest’ their motivation is not helping people for political partisan gain. He’s not wrong that their actions ‘suggest’ this. They claim otherwise, but they didn’t here. Because they didn’t comment.

3 Likes