Bailout / Stimulus Discussion (Hints Missed & Shartz Fired)

How? I think it captures how stunningly silly the Democratic strategy has been.

3 Likes

She tells the truth.

3 Likes

The cruelty is the point

I thought it was funny

No the best possible outcome is the senate republicans feeling trapped into doing something before the election that will be substantially more than 1 trillion dollars.

Why do you not know this?

Agreed. Referring by these plans by their total cost is disingenuous. One trillion of mostly shit is worthless. Capitulating for that would be absolutely bonkers crazy.

Lurker mostly, but #teamcuse

3 Likes

My guess is that Mitch is holding it up a while longer so they can pass something closer to the election and then incumbents like Susan Collins can say, hey, I just did this great thing for you.

Not as sure as I was earlier, though.

But this is definitely not some kind of lack of middle ground negotiating problem. It’s deliberate.

2 Likes

Early voting in some states starts in September. I’d imagine that undecided voters are going to vote later, but, if it really is a timing play, they’re going to be threading some tight needles between returning from recess after Labor Day, passing a bill, and getting their members time to campaign on its passage. Especially if they want any of the assistance to actually make it’s way into pockets before folks vote.

All true, which is why I expect they’ll pass something soon after reconvening. But, yeah, as you point out, many undecideds don’t pay attention until the end. And more importantly, the percentage of republicans planning to vote by mail is very small – only 11% in the NBC/WSJ poll from last week. So it seems to me there’s good reason to wait until after the recess (if you’re a heartless ghoul, that is).

Part of it is probably them knowing their going to win the messaging battle no matter what because loldems.

The timing play makes sense. Time it to where people start getting money a week or two before the election and frame it that they and Trump compromised to save the people and get checks with Trumps name on it and dems will probably praise them for their bipartisanship

2 Likes

https://mobile.twitter.com/nycsouthpaw/status/1300913331851743234

40 million seems almost like nothing, if Mnuchin’s saying it. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

So basically if you can move in with friends/family, no moratorium for you.

JFC

1 Like

https://mobile.twitter.com/joshscampbell/status/1301324061373538304

1 Like

Heart breaking. The line at the end about kicking the can down the road is one is the most important parts of the story.

Fucking brutal, kicking an old lady out during summer with her having nowhere to go. Made me think of what if that was my mom? She would die. Seeing this shit really, really breaks my heart.

1 Like

How can anyone do that job. Jesus Christ. Human beings suck.

I would hope that after seeing her situation on CNN that someone came to help, I hope.

:pray:

Edit : Maybe that’s also Trump and Barrs plan, kick out as many as possible so as no vote, then contest every ballot while the sheriffs do their thing.