Bailout / Stimulus Discussion (Hints Missed & Shartz Fired)

Good news, the checks are in the mail!

In Austria

Apparently a bunch of random Austrians got the 1,200$ cheques sent to them. They were able to also cash them in, it’s unknown why they got them (one dude was working in the US for two years, but his wife, who’s never been there, also got one): Haven’t found a English source yet: Etliche Österreicher finden US-Schecks in Postkästen - oe24.at

If he filed US taxes while working here for 2018 or 2019 he would get a check

Presented without comment:

Because if there is one thing we have learned over the past decade, it’s that Mitch McConnel is the poster boy for truth telling

2 Likes

Things that happened:

• The highest profile newspaper wrote an article.
  • Pelosi said a targeted deal would be piecemeal.
  • Postal Service thing happened, which was clearly piecemeal.
  • The lack of a deal of any type has taken Americans’ health and economic security hostage, even though Mitch didn’t frame it that way.

Things that didn’t happen:

• Any kind of additional aid to struggling people from Congress
  • A return comment from either Pelosi or Schumer

Things that will happen:

Mitch will be perceived to be right even though he’s lying about the actual negotiation process. That’s because Pelosi and Schumer didn’t comment. He said their actions ‘suggest’ their motivation is not helping people for political partisan gain. He’s not wrong that their actions ‘suggest’ this. They claim otherwise, but they didn’t here. Because they didn’t comment.

3 Likes

You don’t get it and never will, it’s okay.

Just because they didnt comment then doesnt mean they wont. They obviously heard that the senate is looking to pass a bill this week and will comment then

I am quite certain we want the same outcomes wrt to stimulus. The only disagreement is whether you can get it negotiating in good faith with Donald Trump and Mitch McConnell. I think it’s impossible. You think it is possible. Tell me what I missed.

That delay certainly plays great to the American people when the biggest lying a-hole in the Senate is the only one saying things that actually did happen while materially misrepresenting them. The bad optics of the USPS bill were unreal. A number of centrist House Democrats tried to get her to vote on a bill that was smaller than the HEROES Act so that it wouldn’t look like she cared more about the USPS than people. She tabled it. Read into that whatever you want. Nancy doesn’t get anything. The game has passed her by.

Caring about the USPS IS caring about people. People in rural areas will die without a functioning postal service. The upcoming election can literally be stolen without a functioning postal service.

1 Like

I guess I don’t see how being terrible at messaging means the solution is to cave to get whatever you can. The solution has to be to stop supporting the mirage of a Dem party that pretends they are ever actually going to do anything. To work as hard as possible to overthrow this trainwreck. You know exactly the things I was telling you 2 years ago when you were accusing me of not being a “real Democrat”.

Obviously I don’t mean this election cycle but we are never getting anywhere if the Dems are who they are currently. We both agree they are terrible btw.

This was supposed to be @nunnehi

And FTR I would be for a skinnier bill as long as the main pillars are there also. But that was never happening either. We weren’t getting a 1.5t-2t bill out of the GOP.

Yeah no worries, I know that wasnt directed at me

@BestOf

That’s an all-timer right there.

1 Like

No one’s negotiating in good faith. Every day nothing happens is a victory for the GOP’s goal of displacing and killing as many people as possible. We are well past any outcome similar to what I wanted. Now we’re just waiting to see how much destruction this inaction is going to cause and how long that inaction will last.

This is 101 stuff, but it’s worth repeating the House and Senate negotiate bills between the parties. If the House has a majority, it doesn’t need to negotiate with the minority side to pass its version. The Senate has to negotiate to pass any bill because of the filibuster. With the House controlled by Democrats and the Senate controlled by the GOP, the two bodies have to negotiate with each other to get something passed. The Democrats in the Senate want to pass something. The GOP in the Senate doesn’t. The GOP Senate has determined the most they’re willing to give and put on the floor knowing the Democrats won’t pass it in hopes of scoring points saying the Democrats aren’t willing to do anything.

Mitch cannot pass a bill without getting to cloture. He’s not getting that cloture from Democrats on the pathetic bills he’s offered but there will be something debated on the floor this week if the reporting is accurate. If he puts the unemployment up to $600, he at least has a shot at getting that cloture. Based on what’s probably going to happen with the pandemic in the next two months, it will be worth way more than what it appears to be today.

The fact that Pelosi and Schumer spent two months negotiating with the WH instead of Mitch is the most LOL stupid strategy I’ve ever heard. You put a f***ing bill on the prez’s desk and dare him to veto it. You don’t get his approval. Mitch said, ‘I’ll pass anything the Dems and WH agree to’. What if he were lying? What if? I can’t imagine him doing that, but I guess broken clocks are right twice a day and it’s possible he wasn’t. All of this was unnecessary and highly immoral. For one side it was amoral as it always is, and for the other it was immoral.

25 people live in an area, we must save them now. 1 million people are affected in this large area, let them suffer. She should have done both.

If you don’t understand why the optics are so terrible here, I don’t know what to tell you.

You know you don’t have to do this in every post right?

1 Like

For the record, I never accused you of not being a ‘real Democrat’, I accused you of not being a trustworthy one. I think of you as Paul from the Bible. He persecuted and murdered Christians like it was all he cared about. Then, one day he saw the light and became the main missionary. When he came to the early Christians saying, ‘I believe in Jesus now’, how do you think they reacted to him? That’s you as a Democrat. I believe you’re on the right side, but you have a lot of your old self that seeps in to how you talk about Democrats. Those things make you very hard to trust.

I’ve decided to finally make the meme you all need to understand and never seem to get. Smacc sure gets it:Pelosi

Since you ignore it every time, I apparently I do.

Oh you believe in the Bible. Well that explains a lot.

1 Like