An active moderator is revealing confidential communication from users

@anon38180840 is unilaterally deciding which private communication to publicly reveal.

4 Likes

He’s referring to a new moderation policy that I warned about before using. A user is flagging posts in bad faith, causing moderation, then arguing against that moderation. I warned that I would reveal it if this angle shot continued, and it immediately did. (Jalfrezi is the user.)

1 Like

That’s false. When you think everyone’s trolling in a sports thread you’re merely tilting at windmills.

Instead of asking “How do I put a poster on ignore?” someone asked “How do I put keeed on ignore?”, so I flagged it as a personal attack, which it is.

2 Likes

The consensus is that moderators should not decide which confidential communication is trolling in order to reveal it.

At least it was when I [old drama redaction]

Sorry Cuse. You’re being unconstitutional

2 Likes

Yuv disclosed goofy’s post flagging and no one seemed to care.

4 Likes

Why should flagging be private?

3 Likes

This is a warning, no personal attacks.

Totally agree, high volume game playing flaggers on both sides should be exposed and embarrassed. I’m sure the highest volume flaggers on both sides would be embarrassed by some of the nonsense they flag. If it was public they wouldn’t play their dumb working the refs bullshit.

Unstuck Files Part 1 will be published on Unstuck at 5PM ET!

17 Likes

We’re double-checking some facts, so probably start shit-posting in about 40 mins

8 Likes

2 Likes

How many more times you gonna ask to change your sn?

1 Like

Here’s a fun example of someone flagging their own posts using two accounts

That same person flagged 12 posts today using 3 different accounts.

4 Likes

A continued “holy shit” at the dedication being put in by a group of users to troll the moderators. Some might think it’s crazy to register multiple accounts to post and then flag your own posts in some kind of attempt to go after moderators you don’t like. Gotta respect the dedication though. That user/users had to spend hours and hours on this.

5 Likes

Wtf is wrong with this person? Get a fucking life.

4 Likes

1 Like

72 posts were split to a new topic: Forechecker Banned for Creating 20 New Accounts, Sharing Logins With Others, Impersonating Existing Users, Creating Fake ‘Unique Users’

Cuse don’t edit this thread title again

1 Like

Should a moderator edit whistleblowers pointing out what the same moderator is doing?

1 Like

I’m going to split the two threads, which seems reasonable. Nobody freak out while I lock this thread, split the two threads, and then unlock it.

2 Likes