Afghanistan Wars: The Taliban Strikes Back.

No. She cast a great vote. And what even people who wanted war in Afghanistan are missing and she, and many other people could see plainly, is that the war on terror was an open invitation to official perpetual war. In the aftermath of 2001, with this AUMF and the various Patriot Acts, the ghouls in the MIC slapped together everything they had ever wanted and didn’t let a tragedy go to waste. And every nationalistic sucker who thought any opposition was unpatriotic (most of the country) was responsible for it happening.

7 Likes

7 Likes

https://twitter.com/jbview/status/1427701567310938116?s=20

And @iron81, you were a firefighter weren’t you? Like firefighters are awesome. They go around helping people all day. Stuff they don’t even get recognized for. But, man, firefighters have been used big time by the war ghouls.

I saw that conversation, but wasn’t thinking of that at all. That’s just what the nationalists hear any time anyone says they are against any war. “Don’t disrespect the sacrifice”. I was just saying that defensively I guess.

1 Like

Comparing London to Berkeley is apples to oranges but 1.5 million vs. 15k is still very different and I think supports my argument that there wasn’t widespread opposition to the Afghanistan war as there was for Iraq.

1 Like

The argument that Afgans will bring COVID to Texas will be a little less effective today.

2 Likes

I know this is lefty dogma, but considering the “perpetual war” ended 2 days ago, it’s time for an update.

No, I just support a soccer team that used a very confusing logo.

The AUMF is still in place and we are still using it to fight in the Middle East.

1 Like

Man, this is a terrible take.

2 Likes

UPDATE: It was an enormous goddamn disaster and Barbara Lee was right this whole time.

4 Likes

Might be the worst political take in UP history

5 Likes

I mean even with the hindsight that it turns into a horrible ridiculous disaster that wasted a ton of lives and money, and that it was always going to end that way, to still think voting against is bad ?

How?

1 Like

this is maybe the most brutal owning in 2+2 and UP combined history, it wasn’t PERPETUAL war, it only lasted 20 years, OWNED, CHESSMATE, GET REKT

10 Likes

$2 trillion just lit on fire, almost literally. I’m not going to go through the mental exercise of thinking about what that money could mean for our society if it had been devoted to combatting climate change over the past twenty years instead because I will probably get violent.

https://twitter.com/SpecialPuppy1/status/1427753636596260867

The 2nd part isn’t true.

The Afghanistan War wasn’t a ridiculous disaster and the money spent wasn’t wasted.

I recommended before in some thread but Hornet’s Nest is great. All footage from a reporter embedded with the 101st Airborne Division. No real politics in it but you see how pointless being there was.

We don’t need wars. Just drone the people who we want dead and move on.