Admin Log

You’re gonna make me jump into that thread to figure out wtf is going on arent you…

2 Likes

I’m mostly kidding, I’ve been lurking. But still don’t quite understand how you guys are making money and how it’s not just going to implode on itself. I’m always down to make money though, I have a BR to play with.

I looked up costs of advertising. It’s like almost $1 a click wtf. Probably not viable. Twitter and SEO are probably the ways to go. I’ll try to see if there’s anything on discourse forums about how people are growing their site.

I’m very aware not everyone is pro growth though - I’m mostly doing this as an interested user that sees some potential here, not acting as an admin.

1 Like

temped sensibleperson for 2 weeks because he asked nicely and I don’t see a problem with granting these.

2 Likes

Updating forum software from 2.7.0.beta3 to 2.7.0.beta5 at 8am Pacific Time Sunday March 14th.

Missed a version because I’ve not had a working laptop for a month. My backup is crap, so just been putting it off til I got the good one back.

scheduled maintenance complete, we are now on 2.7.0.beta5.

3 Likes

2 Likes

Noticed that - sorry. Kinda why i wanna stay on stable versions as long as possible but this new one had a security update.

Dont worry dude it’s not critical. Sorry.

The blue is different and also the top of my page where the url is is white and I’m pretty sure it wasn’t before

I wasn’t sure if you were aware about the top of the page too

1 Like

oreo, do you want me to just revert to the old version?

I only notice the weird color theme on the main forum page, once i enter a thread it looks normal again so not a big deal imo.

this is why i’m not a fan of frequent upgrades.

Right now everything looks fine to me except the banner on the darker themes. I’m using celtic now, it looks pretty cool.

1 Like

I added a default Discourse Dark and Discourse Grey theme that will work with any future updates. I will still maintain the Light/Default Theme unless a future update really fucks it up, but unless someone else wants to start making themes, we’ll be stuck with that Dark and Grey (along with zz’s Neutral theme which seems pretty stable) if a future update requires a lot of revision to the current themes.

3 Likes

Discourse dark is nice

1 Like

I browse this site on mobile most of the time and whatever update occured changed nothing with my mobile experience. Just throwing that out there as a data point.

3 Likes

So, what are our options? Can we just go back to what comes out of the box?

Another option is we can try to find someone with a lot of front end experience who is willing to put some effort in. Or, we could just never update again, but that is a bad option in my opinion.

Maybe this is a good time to get you a test environment. Would that help?

I think the default themes are fine - they look pretty good to me. I’m using dark rn.

1 Like

FWIW I’ve just switched from Dark to Discourse Dark. It looks perfectly OK to me and while I did prefer ggoreo’s work Discourse Dark seems easily acceptable to avoid nonsense.

1 Like

Lol welcome to development - stuff you spend a lot of time on ends up being worthless eventually. It’s just generally true of a lot of things in tech.