Activism

Probably can’t do Sat because me and mom get our 2nd shots and I expect me to possibly be having a tough reaction, and if not mom definitely will.

I’m definitely worried about covid but I feel like if it’s just us and a couple of our friends we could easily do good social distancing and masks. I feel like it would be zero risk otherwise I wouldn’t do it.

1 Like

I just mean any Saturday. Based on what LFS maybe we should look for a Saturday in late March.

(I looked up temps at Otay Mountain Wilderness and it doesn’t really get that hot (it’s at 3500 ft), so even later is ok, but not too much later right)

1 Like

Yeah, anyone who wants 20’ or something we will definitely accomodate. If we wait even a couple weeks I think all the old people I know will have their second shots — there’s that anyway. But, 20’ separation, outside, with masks won’t be hard to pull off at all. That’s safe enough for me, but totally cool of course for anyone who wants to wait until it’s really over.

What’s in Otay Mountain Wilderness to protest at? And I agree needs to be before it gets really hot. Man I’m not looking forward to our summer again.

Nothing. I posted about camping there, thinking I’d go down Friday and camp there, protest something not too far away on Satuday, camp again Saturday night and go home Sunday. Dispersed camping hopefully. It’s just a place to camp that’s close to the border.

1 Like

I’m down for pretty much any Saturday anywhere. Anyone else want to pick some Saturdays, then someone else, and then we can take the intersection of the set of Saturdays?

March 6th! or 13th.

I’m ready. Bidens admins recent announcements are such a huge disappointment.

Bump. I forgot and made a plan for the 6th. It hasn’t really been coming together yet anyway. March 13th?

13th works, looks like it’ll just be us? I’ll see if I can get some people from my friends. Let me know when we lock it in so I can start trying to recruit

jmakin and lfs are still possible. Nano is possible as well. She’s back in school now, so it depends on what she has to do.

I have been to 3 person protests before (with LFS) and it’s a little lame, but maybe we’ll be less bashful this time.

I’m good with calling it the 13th. We have to pick a place. The border/friendship park is possible, but a detention center or something would be better.

I’m taking a little break from posting seriously…but I have to comment on the WaPo story that was posted in the “bump this anytime Biden releases children” thread about Biden supposedly turning the process into an Ellis Island thing, that if you bother to read the story it says the number of families detained has doubled since Trump left.

3 Likes

Sounds good.

@jmakin @LFS you down for the 13th? I’m going to let @Microbet choose the place because he knows way more about this than me, I’m fine with anywhere.

Depends where

I was thinking San Diego partly because it’s the border, but also partly because I was hoping to get some San Diegans along. Seems like everyone is close to LA. Maybe the Detention Center downtown. There’s often something else happening there anyway. I’ve been there two or three times and for at least a while a protest there was 24-7.

1 Like

I am TBA. Much more likely to be able to do downtown LA than SD. I believe my kid is N/A that weekend.

1 Like

Ok so we have Jmakin likely if in SD and LFS TBD but more likely in LA?

@microbet lemme know where you come down so I can start recruiting. I’m going to refer to you guys as my activist friends because that sounds a lot cooler than nerds I know on the internet from a poker forum.

2 Likes

I could likely get more people in la as that’s where 90% of my leftist friends are based. No guarantee tho

Either LA or SD is ok for me. I’m a lot closer to LA though.

1 Like

I’m liking LA too.

@jmakin would you be down with LA?

1 Like

I am physically closer to LA, but in terms of commute time I am about halfway between both, depending on where. So it doesn’t really matter to me.

1 Like