ACAB (formerly G Floyd) - Tyre Nichols video released, it's bad

Chauvin is getting convicted. Where this shit is going to get dicey is when the other officers are tried.

They were trainees/newbies and the situation was eleven kinds of fucked up. I’m not even 100% sure what the other officers did was criminal. Don’t get me wrong, they shouldn’t be cops after this, but that’s probably reasonable enough on the consequences.

Chauvin is the murderer and was the authority figure at the scene… I don’t really see much value in pressing anything but relatively minor accessory charges and whatnot against the others. Chauvin needs to get as close to life as the law will allow though.

What were the other cops charged with?

What percentage of the US population would prefer to see Chauvin get acquitted, iyo?

Less than 5%

Not jman, but I’d venture that most of Trump’s base wants Chauvin acquitted.

How much has FOX News said about this?

1 Like

20 percent

Yeah, I don’t see how it can be less than 15-20%. What % of cops would want to see him acquitted?

I think most cops would want a guilty verdict. Obviously impossible to say for certain.

Especially the two guys who were on like their first week. Can you imagine showing up and your training officer is Chauvin and then this happens? Bananas.

Protect and serve the public?

Trainees or not they watch a criminal kill a US citizen, all deserve life for taking a job that served the public while they did not, when the Cops realise that its them or the criminal cop things may change.

Fling the book at all of them, the trainees grievance is with the PD.

2 Likes

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheOnion/status/1381631961463193609

1 Like

This week, in an Economist/YouGov poll, 64 percent of Americans said police were “not justified in the amount of force they used” in Floyd’s arrest, but only 41 percent of Republicans agreed. Most Americans said former Minneapolis police officer Derek Chauvin should be convicted of murder, but only 31 percent of Republicans agreed.

2 Likes

Defense has now gone all in on victim blaming.

From the poll:

This past summer, George Floyd was killed in Minneapolis after police officer Derek Chauvin restrained Floyd during his arrest. Do you think the police werejustified or not justified in the amount of force they used while arresting George Floyd?

Justified: 17%
Not justified: 64%
Not sure: 19%

So the number is at least 17%, and probably closer to 25%.

I think it’s really dangerous to underestimate how many Republicans will defend the cops under any circumstance whatsoever, it’s got to be at least 25% and probably more.

3 Likes

Is this the thread where we discuss the guy getting shot in Minneapolis because the cop thought she was using her taser but “accidentally” discharged her firearm? Whoopsie! Silly cops

I feel it may be a mistake to make the assumption that the strength of the prosecution’s case may shift the initial public opinion of the jurors or the general public.

The overwhelming majority of the 17% or w/e that feel that the cop was justified didn’t reach that conclusion based on any evidence or facts of the situation.

It just comes down to who is on the jury, imo.

This is regarding the person killed by police yesterday in Minnesota. Press conference happening

https://twitter.com/daviss/status/1381655373350756354?s=21

This is why it should take years to be a cop, not months. Imagine having heart surgery and finding out your cardiologist has 3 months of training. Or your lawyer. Or your nurse. Yet society allows kids fresh out of high school to be a cop almost immediately. No wonder these clowns don’t know how to act responsible under stressful conditions.

1 Like