ACAB (formerly G Floyd) - Tyre Nichols video released, it's bad

Sure they are. I’m also looking at it in the context of everything else this judge did during the trial.

Well I didn’t watch the whole trial and I suspect you didn’t either, but I did watch Rittenhouse’s direct and cross examination as I thought it was extraordinary that he was taking the stand. So sure, the judge might not have been acting professionally, but he was absolutely furious at the prosecution because he made three egregious errors that seemingly may give the defense grounds for a mistrial. Which is the last thing that the judge wants to have to do here. And the case was going very badly for the prosecution, and correct me if I’m wrong, Binger absolutely should have know better, right? The judge thought so as well and in response to the defense asking for a mistrial with prejudice (a nightmare for the judge to have to grant), he says that he doesn’t buy Binger’s explanation. And if he doesn’t buy that Binger was acting in good faith then he thinks that Binger was acting in bad faith, right? Which, yeah, the judge is going to be extremely mad if that’s true, right? Anyway, who is acting more unprofessionally, the judge that got mad and yelled at the prosecutor who’s crossing big lines three times in an hour, or the prosecutor who inexplicably crossed those lines?

Sure. But his lack of professionalism in that clip didn’t effect the case any as it was outside the presence of the jury.

Sure. I wonder if he did that every veteran’s day though. Bad luck if true.

If you want to hear it from the horse’s mouth. Start watching at 11:50, there is a bit of lead in and then he gets to it.

There’s also the fact that this prosecutor has history with this judge and seems somewhat surprised to get rebuked here when he claims that he believed he had enough leash to continue that with line of questioning. The way the judge explains that he has allowed (propensity) evidence in the past but decided it against it here seems like maybe he’s talking about cases tried specifically by this prosecutor?

Of course, the real money quote here is claiming he decided against it THIS TIME because he “didn’t see the similarity” in saying you wanna murder shoplifters with an AR and actually murdering shoplifters with an AR two weeks later, which is why I can’t take a single word this muppet says seriously. But also, now I wanna see the ones he did allow because that shit must be super wild.

Unless you think that it is a symptom of a bias for Rittenhouse that will manifest in more than one way.

There’s also a part where he gets mad about a certain “look” that the prosecutor gives him at one point. Totally stable dude.

I don’t care if the judge did it every other veteran’s day - he knew that the next defense witness was a veteran and was the one to specifically point that out. To dismiss it as “bad luck” is indefensible - this was a knowingly terrible decision by the judge.

If it was so important for the judge to make his respect for veteran’s known, he should have done it out of the presence of the jury given than he knew the next defense witness was a veteran. Or at a minimum he sure as hell shouldn’t have specifically pointed out the expert was a veteran - he could have just asked everyone to give a round of applause in general for veterans (which still would have been bad but not as egregious).

Jurors found Andrew Coffee IV not guilty on charges of felony murder and attempted murder of a law enforcement officer, on Friday, determining he acted in self-defense when firing at deputies during a SWAT raid in 2017.

4 Likes

Not too surprising. I remember in that Kentucky case I saw the occasional white, gun-loving, boomer stan for the black boyfriend who was firing at the police when they decided to invade his house that night for no good reason.

I heard what really sealed the deal in this guys claim for self-defense was when the SWAT team threw a plastic bag at him.

7 Likes

This guy has 380k followers

https://twitter.com/kurtschlichter/status/1461827357308690437?s=21

I believe the original question was “did the judge yell at the prosecutor” and I believe you indicated the answer to that question was “no.” It seems we now all agree the answer to that question was “Yes.”

I mean, if he did that and the situation was reversed and that was a prosecution witness, that mistake is bad enough that the case is probably coming back. I hope he didn’t do it on other veteran’s days for other witnesses.

Nope:

Apparently has 505.8K Tweets too. How in the fuck?

This was SK’s first post on the subject almost 24 hours ago:

edit: Keed yelled at my pony for good measure too

2 Likes

One thing Trump has revealed is that a very large proportion of the population are psychopaths and the only reason they weren’t expressing the symptoms is because of the potential consequences.

3 Likes

Out of curiosity, how often do typical judges yell at attorneys in a courtroom? Is it literally never or is a few times a year kind of thing.

1 Like

That’s cuz you were in Alabama, same for me in southern Georgia. Internet brought them together and helped reinforce one another. Interesting thing I saw noted is the homogenenization of rural America in our lifetimes and not in a good way, i.e. they are all converging towards Southern rural culture.